Chapter Ten: The Results

Začít od začátku

"The sixth and final act going through... is..." Stupid dramatic pause. Beside me, Livvy was shaking. I rubbed her shoulder, mentally telling her that I was here. I would always be right beside her.

I looked up, scanning the faces of the judges. Louis' eyes flickered up to meet mine, but this time I didn't look away. I smiled weakly at him, and after a moment he grinned back, his smile somehow making me braver.

I wished one more time, silently screaming for it to be us. I watched in terror as he held the mic to his lips and took a breath.

"Double Act."

The world seemed to go into slow motion as Livvy erupted into screams, pulling me into a stiff hug. She jumped up and down like a lunatic while I stood there frozen in shock, staring at Louis' smiling face as if he was about to say "Just kidding, you suck!". But he didn't. We were through. We really were.

As I stared at Louis, he appeared to scribble something on a piece of paper, and casually held it up to face me. Before Liv dragged me backstage, I just managed to read the words on the paper. They both made my heart flutter, and made my stomach drop.

'We need to talk'

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

I watch all of the rejected groups trudge gloomily out of sight, letting my gaze drop as I smile like an idiot. She saw the scribbled words, so hopefully I had a chance to talk to her.

"Okay, judges!" Joey called out. Joey was the main man backstage of X Factor this year, telling us what to do and whatnot. "You will be discovering your groups on your ride home, so off you go!" he added, grinning before scurrying away to save another technical emergency.

Suddenly there's a hand on my shoulder, and I turn to see Gary peering at the papers infront of me. I hurriedly gather them up, shielding them from view and leaping from the chair. "See ya, Gazza bear!" I winked at him, not waiting for his reaction before running up the stairs and into the curtains to find Lara.

Before I could get my bearings on where I was, I was grabbed and pulled into the shadows. I opened my mouth to call for help but a hand was clapped over my mouth. I glanced sideways at my attacker, making out two bright blue eyes staring back at me.

"Lara!" I cried, her hand muffling my voice. She glanced behind her nervously, then nods and smiles. "Congratu-"

"Yeah, yeah," she interrupted, rolling her eyes. "Gimme your phone!" she ordered. I cocked my head in surprise.

She sighed irritably. "Just do it! My sister will get rid of your number, so I'll give you mine!" she shrugged, holding out her hand and uncovering my mouth. I opened my mouth to protest, but the glare she was giving me changed my mind. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and gave it to her. To my surprise, she navigated herself to my contacts in a matter of seconds, adding her number and thrusting the phone back into my possession.

"I have to go," she told me, peering around my shoulder. I pouted, and she sighed. "But before I do," I grinned, happy that I still had her company.

All of a sudden I was being hugged, Lara's arms around my neck and her nose buried in my chest. I breathed in the sweet smell of her hair, and brought my hands to her lower back.

"Thankyou for putting me and Liv through, Louis. It made us so happy." she whispered, only just loud enough for me to hear. I grinned, and squeezed her harder in reply. Before I knew it she had withdrawn her arms and dashed away, her footsteps fading as she left the room. My mouth hurt from grinning so much, and the feeling of her body against mine left a puzzling absence.

I slapped a hand to my forehead and let it slide down my face. I was in deep. I hadn't thought stuff like that since Eleanor was around.

I made my way out of the arena and found the usual car waiting outside. I caught sight of George in the front seat, my driver, so I slid myself onto the back seat, the welcoming feel of the leather interior surrounding me. I leant against the head rest and sighed, feeling the limo begin to lumber forward.

My phone began to vibrate in my pocket, and I slid it out, still in a slight daze. Glancing at the caller ID, I gulped, and answered quickly.

"Hello, Simon!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Hey guyss! I love this chapter, so I hope you like it tooo! Xx I hope I didn't move too quickly. I tend to do that in stories...

I got a lot of homework this week, so updates may be a bit difficult. I know this chapter took a while to be put up, and I'm sorry for that. School sucks.

As I said, I'll upload as soon as I can. Thanks for reading this far guys! Vote if you liked it, and comment toooo! Luff youu! Byee x