Zara, Thomas, Minho and Newt spun to see four guards standing there, all three with guns aimed at them.

''You four, don't move!'' One of them commanded.

''Oh, you've gotta be kidding.'' Thomas muttered.

Zara kept her eyes on the guards, who were slowly approaching. Her brows snapped together as she pondered what they their options were to escape this.

''Take it easy. Get on your knees, put your hands in the air.'' Some guard commanded. But right after he finished his sentence, the left guard suddenly turned to the others.

Three shots sounded.

Three guards laid on the ground. One was standing. The one that'd randomly shot them out of nowhere.

Thomas and Minho jumped before Zara and protectively held their arms out. Newt gently squeezed Zara's hand and didn't let go. Zara just wanted to protect Newt, so she moved to stand more in front of him. They all gaped at the one guard in front of them, waiting for something to happen, and not sure what to do.

The guard ran towards them and stopped about one meter away from them, facing the four. Thomas and Minho still held their arms out to the side, covering Zara and Newt.

The guard took of his helmet, causing a short moment of complete silence.

Thomas was the first to react, he turned his head to the other side in an irritated way. Minho's mouth fell open in unbelief.

''Gally?'' He noted in a confused tone.

The boy gave him a nod. ''Minho.'' He took his time to scan every single one of the four standing in front of him. ''You guys are nuts.''

Zara's face took on a puzzled look. She pushed Minho and Thomas away and stepped forwards, facing Gally. He looked at her, waiting, not really showing any emotion. He had short hair. Like really short. And his eyebrows were... remarkable. For a second, he darted his eyes down to take in the sight of Zara's and Newt's hands holding each other.

Zara pointed her thumb at the boys behind her and then pointed her finger at Gally. ''I thought they said you were dead.''

Gally pressed his lips together. Zara kept looking at him earnest, expecting something such as an explanation from him. But she didn't get it, unfortunately.

All he did was turn around and walk away. Zara lifted an eyebrow and turned to Thomas, hoping to get an explanation from him, since he didn't seem surprised at all. But again, all she got was nothing like an explanation.

''I'll explain it later.'' He said in a short breath, patting Minho on his back and sprinting to follow Gally. Zara and Minho exchanged confused and annoyed looks before running to catch up with them, together with Newt.

--------------------------­­­­­-----------------------------­­­

The five teens found themselves sitting against curbs, recovering from the window jump and the running. Gally and Thomas exchanged a word every now and then. Minho, Newt and Zara just sat next to each other, catching their breath and trying to process everything that'd happened in the last few minutes.

Newt started to cough heavily. He grasped his stomach with one hand and let his head tilt to the side. Zara and Minho immediately sat up. They went to sit in front of him. Zara carefully placed her hands on his legs. Minho lashed at his coat.

''Hey,'' he said. ''How ya feel?''

Newt groaned. ''Hmm.'' He shrugged. ''Terrible.''

The blonde boy put his hand on Minho's shoulder and showed the slightest hint of a smile. ''It's good to see ya, man.'' He muttered.