Chapter 9: Asking Permission to Go Out (3)

Start from the beginning

Mother heaved a long sigh.

"I don't know what to do with you. Estevan, tell the knight order to ensure the king's safety above all else."

"Of course, mother."

Hm, I wonder if brother will be coming with them this time. If he would, I would be greatly troubled. He could prove to be extremely useful after all. If father dies, and then the eldest dies since he was currently out of the country, then Estevan will inherit the throne. But if he dies too... shit.

Becoming queen was cool and all but... I have no idea about anything like that.

I groaned inside. Best to be optimistic.

"B-Brother," I called out to him with eyes full of fear and worry. "Are you coming with them?"

Brother's mouth was agape when he received my question.

"Could it be....... is my dear sister worried about me?!"

He suddenly stood up as though in shock.

"W-Why wouldn't I be? I'm always worried about you, you know... And of course to the rest of our family."

"Of course," he smiled. "It just always surprises me for you to directly tell me you are worried about my wellbeing. And it's just wonderful as always."

He sat back down.

"Worry not, my dear sister. I am not coming along. Can't have two royals in danger."

I looked at him with great relief.

"That's... that is a relief..."

"Daughter... What about daddy? Aren't you worried about me...?"

I turned to look at my father whose eyes were pleading for my worry.

"Of course I am worried, father. But even if I express it... you wouldn't change your mind."

"B-But, I would want to at least hear it."

"Only if you change your decision, I think I might have."

"Noooooo."

He hung his head as though his spirit had left him. To be honest, he looked pitiful right now. So, I decided to be a bit kinder.

"But don't worry, father. I will pray for your safe return. You will never leave my mind."

His head jolted up as he stared at me with a wide smile.

"Really?"

"Really."

"In that case, I will come back as fast as I can!"

"Thank you, father."

Mother nodded several times beside me as I returned to my meal. This was a bizarre experience for me. This was the first time dining with a family. But it wasn't all that bad. So far, it was entertaining.

"By the way, any news from Eleden?" Father asked.

Eleden Venzura Wisteria, he was my eldest brother.

"For a while, nothing yet."

Estevan was the one to answer.

"I see... I hope the endeavor of establishing a friendly and cooperative relationship with the Myra Kingdom is going well."

"I imagine it is going flawlessly. We don't have any feud with them,"

Myra Kingdom. I heard it was a kingdom somewhere within the northwest. It has been four weeks since Eleden left, so it had been a while.