Chapter 23 - Blushing

Začít od začátku

"These people respect me. And they should respect you as well. She shouldn't have stopped you from meeting me." Vihaan looked at her in concern.

"They do respect you but they fear you more. And she did respect me. She talked to me politely and even agreed to call you when I asked. She was just following your orders Vihaan." Aarohi explained. "I don't want to be treated highly just because I'm your wife. I don't want to take advantage of your privileges."

"You are not!" Vihaan yelled, rubbing his hand over his forehead in annoyance.

The elevator stopped at the desired floor and they exited.

"Anyways, why are you here for?" Vihaan asked.

"First tell me that you won't say anything to Aditi or fire her." Aarohi said sternly stopping in her tracks.

"Promise?" She forwarded her palm.

"Promise." Vihaan sighed and placed his hand over hers making her grin.

On her way, Aarohi encountered Meera and when their gaze connected the latter looked away making Aarohi frown.

Vihaan opened his office door and Aarohi entered.

"I brought lunch for you." Aarohi said, smiling adorably.

"You?" Vihaan quirked a brow at her.

Aarohi nodded excitedly, sitting on the chair and opening the tiffin. Vihaan took his place across the table watching her silently.

"Baingan ka Bharta!" Vihaan exclaimed excitedly. "That's my favorite." He looked at Aarohi, his eyes twinkling.

Aarohi grinned.

"How did you know?" He asked curiously.

"I may or may not have asked Smriti." Aarohi replied smugly, drumming her fingers over the table.

Vihaan let out a throaty laugh.

"You really did that!? Woah. Doesn't that count as a proper wifely behavior?" He teased, his voice lower than usual.

"Just eat." She replied flatly not meeting his gaze.

"Are you blushing?" He asked noticing the shade of crimson that coated her cheeks.

Aarohi blushed even more. "Why- why would I blush?" She stammered.

"You're blushing. You can't even look at me. Oh my god! I need to mark this date with golden letters." Vihaan said excitedly as he had a permanent grin plastered on his face.

"Stop being so dramatic!" Aarohi gritted. "And just eat. You're irritating me." She whined and pouted.

"This is so funny." Vihaan continued to laugh making Aarohi feel more embarrassed and infuriated.

She picked up a pen from the pen holder and threw at him. It hit his chest and he winced slightly.

"Violent woman." He tried to sound serious but ended up laughing again.

Aarohi huffed and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Okay okay. I'm done." Vihaan said, panting.

Aarohi glared at him.

"Did you eat?"

"I did." She replied in a monotone.

"I wonder why did you bring lunch for me." He stroked his chin thoughtfully, well aware of the death stare being shot in his direction. "Is today something special?"

"I swear Mr Vihaan Agarwal if you say one more word that would irritate me, I would punch you in your face, take the tiffin away and go back home." She yelled, slamming her palms on the table.