Chapter 23 - Blushing

Start from the beginning

The receptionist narrowed her eyes trying to recollect the familiar face when realization striked her. "Hello Mrs Agarwal." She greeted with a smile before her smile turned into a frown. "Nice to see you but I'm not sure if Sir told us that you'll be coming."

Aarohi fiddled with the hem of her top. "Uhm- actually he didn't know I would be coming." She said nervously.

Even I didn't know that I would be coming.

She didn't say it aloud though.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we've strict instructions not to let anyone meet Sir without any appointment unless it's his Dad." The receptionist said guiltily.

"Oh okay." Aarohi gulped down the embarrassment. Why did she come here even?

"Can you just call him and say that I'm here?" Aarohi tried for first and last time, sending a prayer upwards that she doesn't embarrass herself more.

"Sure ma'am." The receptionist replied.

"Good afternoon Sir."

"Mrs Agarwal has come to meet you but since you didn't tell us anything, I couldn't allow her up."

"She's fine Sir."

"Sorry Sir. I'll send her right away."

"Okay Sir." The receptionist said before keeping the call down.

Aarohi looked at her quizzically, not knowing what did Vihaan say on the other end. The receptionist looked terrified.

"I'm sorry ma'am."

"Why are you saying sorry?" Aarohi asked cluelessly.

"Sir is going to fire me for sure." The receptionist whose name was Aditi mumbled to herself.

"Why will he fire you?"

"Aarohi." Vihaan called out gathering her attention.

He then turned his gaze towards Aditi, looking at her coldly.

Aarohi could sense the tension as she saw the fear stricken face of Aditi.

"Why did you stop her?" Vihaan asked, his voice dangerously low.

"I'm sorry Sir." Aditi replied meekly.

"Because she was doing her job." Aarohi intervened and said as a matter of fact.

"I'm not talking to you." Vihaan shut her up.

"And you," he pointed at Aditi. "Don't you know that she's my wife and you had the audacity to treat her like someone who needs an appointment to meet me." His voice went a pitch higher making few people turn their attention to the little commotion.

Aditi felt humiliated and Aarohi felt angered.

"Stop overreacting Vihaan." Aarohi said firmly as few jaws fell on the ground in disbelief. "She was just following your instructions." She pointed an accusatory finger at him. "There's no need to be so harsh. Now, come with me." She held his hand and pulled him with him towards the elevator after picking up her bag kept on the chair.

The people present there looked with their mouth agape as their boss was being pulled by a woman when he was in the midst of firing someone, his mood totally pissed off and he didn't protest or say a word.

"Did I just got saved when I was on the verge of dying?" Aditi whispered to herself.

"This one." Vihaan pulled Aarohi into the private elevator when he saw her moving towards the other one.

"You shouldn't have done that!" Vihaan seethed when the elevator closed.

"You shouldn't have done that. She was about to cry." Aarohi criticized him.