011

𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖈𝖐 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖘𝖐𝖎𝖑𝖑

"ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ sᴏ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴀɴ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ ᴀs ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ."

-  Henrik Ibsen

"Tomorrow they will bring you into a room where you will show off all your skills

"Tomorrow they will bring you into a room where you will show off all your skills. This is important because the higher the score, the higher the sponsors. Show off all your skills, they will have any weapon that was in the training rooms if not more. They start with District 1 and up so they might not be as interested by the time they get to you. So make this count, give something that interests them." I was already struggling with showing off my skills in front of all the other Tributes and now I had to do it in front of the very people that made the game. My score was going to be low, no doubt.

~

The only other tribute left was Dawn and she seemed calm as she stared at the door. Kreed had been in for almost the full amount of time so I knew she was going in soon. "Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for helping. You didn't have to so that means a lot to me." Dawn sent me a smile as her name was called up. "Remember, elbow up."

~

"Marlowe Ordell." I stood up at the announcement of my name. I was the only one lefts and I could feel the nerves all throughout. I entered the room that resembled a large, empty warehouse. I grabbed the bow and arrows first because I figured it would be best to show off my weaker skills first. I recited my name and that grabbed the attention of the game makers.

I let the arrow fly through the air before it hit the shoulder of my target. It wasn't my best shot but I was glad to of hit the person. It clearly didn't have the same meaning to the Gamemakers as it did myself as they laughed and went back to conversing.

I grabbed the closest axe and, without hesitation, threw it at the target. To my surprise, the amount of force that I had used cause the axe to almost go straight through the target as the blade split the board in half. It mustn't of been anything they had ever seen as suddenly they were all staring at me. I bowed my head and mumbled a quick thank-you before I left the building.

~

I sat nervously on the couch with Anika and Gwen sat beside me. I had spent all day worried about the private sessions that I hadn't even been able to spare a thought about their betrayal. "From District 1. Marvel with a score of 9, and Glimmer with a score of 8. From District 2. Cato with a score of 10, and Clove with a score of 10." There was no guessing that the Careers were going to get the highest scores but what did surprise me was how Glimmer managed to get anything above a 7. "From District 11. Thresh with a score of 9, and Rue with a score of 7." That put a smile on my face at the thought of Rue getting close to the score of Glimmers. "From District 12. Peeta with a score of 8, and Katniss with a score 11." That left everyone startled. How did she do it? "From District 13. Kreed with a score of 9, and Dawn with a score of 8." At last it had came down to me and I sat on the edge of my seat as I waited to hear the outcome. "Last but not least. From District 14. Marlowe with a score of 10." I let out a breath of relief at the relatively high score. Flashbacks from Glimmer threatening me during training made my score feel so much better.

"What did you do?" The shock in Gwen's voice gave it away that she didn't think that I would do good, but that was no surprise considering she's already bet on me being dead.

"Did a few different things, nothing to serious." I pushed it off like it was nothing. If they were smart then they'd already know. I'd already informed them that I only knew how to use an axe so what more could I do. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now."