004

𝕶𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙

'ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴘᴇʀʜᴀᴘs ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴀ ᴄᴀɴᴅʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ – ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙᴜʀɴs ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀs ʟᴏɴɢ sɪɴᴄᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ .... ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴs, ᴏᴜɪᴛᴇ sɪᴍᴘʟʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ'

-Ranata Suzuki

I stared down at the bracelet made with pearls as I envied the life, I had years ago

I stared down at the bracelet made with pearls as I envied the life, I had years ago. Here I was sat on a train with the lady in purple sitting in front of me. She spoke at a fast pace and I was starting to think that she was immortal. It seemed as if she never spent time taking a breath, then again, I wouldn't notice as I was too busy taking a gander at everything around me. The train had an overly fancy interior that was definitely over the top prices. There was food I had never seen before, but it made my mouth water just looking at it. "Are you listening?" I snapped back as Gwen was staring at me. "Listen Marlowe. You need to pay attention. You don't know anything about the Hunger Games, you've most likely never even heard such a thing until today. Because of this, your district doesn't have any mentors. Mentors are those that have won the games in previous years, and due to this being the first time District 14 has ever been spoken of, you're going to struggle. The most help you're going to get it from me, you don't get the same sort of privileges as the other tributes. Although you have no chance at winning the most, I can do is give your insight knowledge about the games so you can at least survive for a little while. Do you understand?" I almost forgot to answer her question as I was too busy in my state of shock. I had so much to take in and so many disadvantages to all other Districts. She was right, I was going to lose. "Perfect timing actually, let's see who the other tributes are."

The TV hanging up was turned on where I was shown a film on the other tributes. "From District 1. Glimmer and Marvel. From District 2. Clove and Cato." The two from the second District stood tall, with a proud look on their faces. They both volunteered before the announcer could get the full name out. Their want to be in the games confused me, why would anyone want to die for selfless people. They turned to each other and shook hands, smiling at one another as they did it.

"Those are the Careers. District 1 and District 2 are the only two Districts that are trained for the Games as well as District 4 on some occasions. They team up and kill everyone and it's often one of them who wins. For every other District, it is illegal to practice." Although the height, the girl from District 2 had a demeanor that looked as if she could kill someone, no surprise there. Clove was the only one that stood out until we got to the later Districts. I couldn't help but frown at the sight of a young girl being put against 26 other people to kill. Her partner on the other hand looked like he was ready. He didn't give off the same demeanor as the first two Districts, but he looked like he was capable of winning.

Next was Katniss and Peeta they were afraid it was written all over their faces as they stood in front of the crowd. It made me feel towards the taller girl as she volunteered for her sister. It made me think about what I'd do if my brother were chosen, not that I could do much due to rules. Next from District 13 was Dawn and Kreed. They were blank, emotions weren't visible on their faces, but I could tell the girl was nervous. The sight of her shifting from foot to foot and her hand shaking gave it away. "Ladies and Gentlemen! We have an announcement to make. It appears we have another District that is now being entered in the Games." Cheers could be heard in the background. "From District 14. Marlowe Ordell." I looked away as I came into view, not wanting to see it on replay.

"Now that you know who you are up against. Let's talk about the parade."

"Parade?"