Valkyrie Mission 3: Wing Clip

Year Proposed: 1939, 3rd March

Mission: Operation Wing Clip

Proposed Operation: To assassinate the leader of the German Nazi Party, Adolf Hitler, and to prevent the start of the Second World War.

AAR: This first conflict operation has arisen many flaws within the system and pulled up some barricades within the usage of the timeline itself. 

The primary objective of the mission was for the Time Worm to be inserted into the timeline at the period of heightened security but not heightened levels of tension. 

The Time Worm was to then find and kill Adolf Hitler. Sightings were allowed for this mission on the special basis that everyone that saw the Time Worm was to be eliminated.

The mission was conducted as such that there was no links returning to the United States at the time.

In total, 52 German soldiers were killed, including 2 civilian fatal injuries. Adolf Hitler was among the dead, and the mission was originally categorised as a success. This statement was retracted exactly 27 minutes later.

At 12:13 our sensors picked up the news report that Adolf Hitler had been killed by a “monster”. At 12:13 exactly a time wave began to ripple through the timeline, originating from the 3rd of March 1939, bigger than anything we had previously seen. That was when our sensors picked up a break in the timeline, the year 1945 had ceased to exist. There was just a hole in the timeline. It stopped at the 31st of December 1944, disappeared for a centimetre and then began again at the 1st of January 1946. We could not find any sources relating back to the year 1945. 

The mission was concluded to be a failure and a sequential mission was proposed immediately. The Time Worm was sent back down the timeline through the non-existent 1945, (see file XIA-052 for full interview), to the 3rd of March 1939 but to the opposite side of the world.

Location: Perth, Australia. 

This was proposed by the Time Worm itself as a way to reserve the time wave. The results were immediate. 

A second wave, a much faster wave, was sent from the 3rd of March 1939 and reaching the first wave which had just reached 1994 was nullified. 

Operation Perth was deemed a success, despite being unable to change the course of the Second World War.

Several major points have been observed from this. 

Firstly, time can be changed and time can be reset. The conclusion that we drew from this experiment was that despite one aspect of time being able to be altered the timeline will then adjust to attempt to create a timeline which counts for the changed aspect but one that remains as similar as it was before. This mission was a good example of this in practise. 

The aspect of time that was changed was the fact that Adolf Hitler died on the 3rd of March 1939 as opposed to the 30th of April 1945. The fact that two of the same event cannot occur, e.g. Adolf Hitler's death, therefore it was removed from time. We have no account of why the whole year was removed from the timeline. We also have an account that World War Two still occurred. 

The other conclusion that we were able to draw from this was how time changes. The wave that was sent out were the instruments of the timeline changing itself. It was recorded at achieving a speed of 1-3 years/second. However the speed varied greatly as the second wave travelled at over 10 years/second. We believe this to be because of its job to reset the timeline and not to change time to accommodate the change. 

Overall the dual missions were a source of great research and were neither a failure nor a success.