Valkyrie Mission 4: Cerebral

Year Proposed: 1963, 17th October

Mission: Operation Cerebral

Proposed Operation: To assassinate John Fitzgerald Kennedy. 

AAR: It has been well documented the impact that the Nuclear Research conducted by President Kennedy has contributed to the advancement of the Inter Continental Hunter Missiles (ICHM) technology that was then developed in the first half of the 21st century. It has also been known that his predecessor was firmly against the development of this technology. This mission, if successful will delay the ICHM technology by years. In relation to the creation of The Visor only 2 years after the ICHMs launched which would in theory mean that The Visor technology is running before the ICHMs are launched and has therefore been calculated that this outcome will reduce the radiation decay period by up to 50%. 

The situation has been Congressionally disputed and was voted through at a 121:110 advantage, although the decision was overruled by President Limb. This decision was then impeached by Congress on the basis of his deteriorating physical and mental health. The same advantage concluded that the mission was launched. 

Gaining access through a CIA secure line it was acknowledged and conversed through with many high level officials of the CIA. It was accepted that the CIA would cover up the assassination, removing all evidence, video evidence and convict a lone gun man. 

The mission was played out as planned, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated at 1230 hours with a lone gun man being arrested and charged, and later killed by a paid informant. It was later deemed that Lee Harvey Oswald was found guilty of shooting John Fitzgerald Kennedy in the head. 

We expected the timeline to change as before, and it did. This time though the Change Wave (term coined by Engineer Isaac Brent), was small and insignificant. There was only one change of the timeline. As expected the timeline was expanded by four years in length. Our sensors noticed no changes in the timeline bar this time. We could also not find where or how much the timeline had been stretched to accommodate for the extension of the delayed ICHM technology. 

We also noticed that the present day time has not altered or changed, we have no data on why or how this is, and how it was not pushed forwards when the timeline was expanded. 

In conclusion the additional two years previous of the ICHM strikes that the Visor Technology was active reduced the radiation decay by 33% bringing the safety date from 2064 to 2040. In the light of this success Project Scorpio has been accelerated from 2064 to 2040 to respect this change.

The overall mission was deemed a major success.