Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

Outside on the deck, Wang Bao massaged his thighs and he could feel they had grown thicker with muscle, his arms also had gotten stronger since training started. While Wang Bao continued to gently massage his new muscles, Nakai clapped Pou on the shoulder, grinning at Wang Bao while saying.

"Your new opponent."

The confidence in Wang Bao's body quickly faded just by looking at Pou's muscular body, and he pointed at Rara before stuttering.

rin.

"Ca-Can't I fight him?"

Rara jumped up happily since he had been wanting to spar with Wang Bao, but the opportunity didn't come because Nakai shook his head. Beside Nakai, Pou was dressed in white overalls and he tossed a red marker to Wang Bao. Nakai instructed the rules for the sparring session as Wang Bao tried to settle his newly trembling legs.

"You'll use that marker like a knife, and the aim is to "Cut" Pou as many times as you can. This session will be more about doing enough to find an opportunity to run away rather than fighting to the point of knocking someone out. With a knife, you'll have the upper hand with a person your own size but with a Giant, it's the closest you can get to levelling the playing field without bringing a gun."

Wang Bao thought of the guard from T City as he removed the cap from the red pen, they had come a long way since then, but the memory was enough to make Wang Bao's hands tremble. Nakai could see Wang Bao was deep in thought, he also caught sight of his trembling hands. Nakai quickly remembered the guard from T City as well, and he made his way to Wang Bao's side. Without Wang Bao realising Nakai was beside him, Nakai patted his head, saying in a gentle voice.

"Remember, in a life or death situation it's okay to hurt people. Their intention is to do the same or worse to you."

Wang Bao squeezed his hands tightly to stop them shaking before handing the pen cap to Nakai, answering in a small voice.

"...I understand."

Nakai didn't believe Wang Bao but he didn't linger on the topic and stepped away. With the sparring session about to start, Pou and Wang Bao moved in closer. Wang Bao gripped the pen in his right hand firmly, forcing the image of the dead guard out of his mind. In front of Wang Bao, Pou crouched down with a slight hunched posture. Wang Bao didn't know they had already started, and Pou swiped his left hand towards Wang Bao's side attempting to grab ahold of him. Wang Bao was able to react quickly and jumped back, before Pou could pull back his arm, Wang Bao slashed at the large arm, causing three red marks to appear on the white fabric. After his attack, Pou was quick to side step and lunged at Wang Bao, attempting to grab him again but Wang Bao bounced side to side, making more marks on Pou's arms before diving between Pou's open legs. With Pou's back to him, Wang Bao was wanting to make more marks, but the Giant was quick to turn around. Before making another attack, Pou looked at both arms and spoke with a warm smile.

"You've improved quickly, Bao. I won't go easy then."

Wang Bao's cheeks were already flushed from moving around, he had thought Pou was already pushing him and didn't know how it could get more intense. The smile on Pou's face suddenly disappeared and he darted forward, slapping Wang Bao's face and waist lightly. The power behind Pou's attacks weren't painful, but it was an eye opener for Wang Bao. During the sparring session, Nakai kept count of Wang Bao's hits while Tira counted Pou's. With another two blows from Pou to his stomach, Wang Bao jumped back then to the right. He knew he had to change his stance since Pou's hits were close to knocking him on his behind. With Pou reacting quickly to follow wherever he moved, Wang Bao quickly saw Pou's legs were wide open from crouching; diving forward, Wang Bao sliced at Pou's large thighs as he rolled on the ground. Before Pou could turn around again, Bao quickly slashed at the Giant's broad back.he dived forward, he slashed at the inner thighs on his way through and before Pou could turn, Wang Bao rapidly stabbed at Pou's back.