[CH.32]

Taeyong was still locked up in the same dark basement, unable to move or breathe properly. He had himself been weeping plentiful, but his tears were now dried; his face was pale and his lips were chapped and trembling. It was something more intense than grief and fear which has completely blanched him.

He was worried about Jaehyun all the time. He worried that Yuta could do something to him, and it scared him so much.

The omega tried to escape, to do anything but there was nothing he could do. Instead, he just tried to scream for help. But even that wasn't any more helpful when he still had that tape over his mouth.

Suddenly, Taeyong heard someone approaching the door of the room he was locked up in. He once again opened his mouth to scream, had just gotten the first blast of sound out of his restricted throat behind the duct tape.

He kept screaming and struggling but his cries for help were muffled, maybe even too quiet for anyone to overhear.

He then heard murmurings behind the door and his stomach clenched, the fear threatening to close his throat off as he desperately dragged air through his nose.

He just hoped that he could get out of here and find Jaehyun.

"Mr, are you still there?" The omega heard a soft and melodious voice from the outside and he used the opportunity to scream again.

"Mark, how are we going to get him out of there?" The younger asked and stared at Mark. The other sighed, "I have no choice but to break this door."

"Are you insane?! No, you're going to hurt yourself like that!" And when Mark saw the concern filled in his lover's eyes, he felt himself softening, "don't worry, Hyuck. It's not going to hurt much. It won't take too long anyway—I just want you to step back, ok?"

"But Mark.."

"No buts, babe. Now listen, I only want you to make sure that no one is behind us right now, alright?" Donghyuck nodded and stepped back with a nervous gulp.

After much difficulty and delay, and many attempts, Mark finally succeeded to break the basement door, revealing the poor omega who looked absolutely terrified right now.

"It's alright, we're only here to help you out of this place," Donghyuck reassured and removed the tape from his mouth as gently as possible.

Mark sighed and stared at the omega. He felt absolutely bad for him like it was his fault. He didn't understand why his brother had to kill innocent creatures who weren't even involved in their parents' death.

Yes, Yuta was a hunter but in Mark's opinion, that wasn't any good excuse for half of the things he was doing. Innocent ones didn't have to be included just because he suffered from his past.

"I apologize on behalf of my brother," was the first thing Mark told the omega. Taeyong stared at him with wide eyes and he looked more afraid than he was just a few moments ago. "H-he's your brother?"

Mark sighed again and nodded slowly. Indeed Yuta was his brother and sometimes he was disappointed with the way he acts but he also didn't want to blame him.

He loves and treasures his family more than anything. More than anyone. Even more than himself.

"But don't worry about it. Mark won't do anything that will hurt you. He's the one who wanted to get you out of here in the first place." Donghyuck continued and rushed to hold his lover's hand.

"Aren't you a-an omega, too?" Taeyong asked as he stared at the couple. Donghyuck nodded with a proud smile.

"How are you guys together, then? Aren't you afraid that maybe someday y-your brother might do something to you?"