[CH.12]

Taeyong was the first child of his family before his younger sister Mara came into their lives. When Mr Lee found out that his son wasn't an alpha but only an omega, he became so raucous about it that he had to give him less attention then, and the rest of the family just went along with it. Sure, Taeyong lived with them under the same roof but it never felt like he was a part of the family.

The relationship between the omega and his family wasn't attentive and affectionate but rather intrusive and complicated. Instead, Mr and Mrs Lee tried to distance themselves from their son as far as they could, and only drew their attention to their glorious daughter Mara.

Mara was perfect in Taeyong's eyes. She was beautiful, she was smart, she was charismatic and never cared about anyone who tried to get in her way.

She was the type of person who would lack emotions entirely, showing absolutely no signs of worry or distress whenever her parents scolded her or her older brother.

She even lacked empathy and compassion; she had no regard for others' wants or needs. As long as she got what she wanted all the time, then everything was good.

Taeyong always wished to be poised like her but he couldn't. He really tried to become tough like her, hoping that he would receive love from his parents if he changed himself into a person whom they craved the most.

But they never cared, and so then Taeyong determined to give up.

Many relatives blamed Mr and Mrs Lee for Mara's selfish behavior sometimes, believing they spoiled her rotten because she was the youngest, and to them it was as good an explanation as any for her unusual self-centeredness.

Taeyong, on the other hand didn't think so. Mara deserved to be spoiled. He loved to see his sister grow up with happiness and merriment, so he never worried about that. But when she became an adult, everything has changed.

She used her mouth to let out words that were just like bullets to hurt the omega and bring him down. Taeyong didn't even get the chance to take a deep breath, and there was his younger sister who envied and despised him more than his own parents.

The omega hated to think so but his sister always gave him a reminder that she only wanted him to disappear from her life.

Especially when she didn't get the chance to marry Jaehyun instead of him.

At that moment, she even wished for his death.

Taeyong, her brother who always lacked social skills and was left out for his dull personality actually happened to marry someone as charming, powerful and bon vivant as Jaehyun which always rattled her cage.

Now, speaking of the devil, Taeyong didn't know why his sister was standing right here before his husband's house.

"Hey there, Tae.. Did you miss me?" Mara asked, the inflection of her deep voice and the somewhat skeptical sarcastic tone she used when asking that question, made the omega swallow nervously as he played with his wedding ring that was wrapped around his lanky finger.

"W-what are you doing here?" This was the only question that ran through his mind right now. He wasn't expecting to see Mara now—never actually. The omega thought that he wouldn't be able to see anyone from his family ever since the wedding happened.

And even if they did want to see him or visit him, Mara would have been the last person to do that—yet she was standing right in front of Taeyong's house, the person whom had the audacity to ruin her perfect life.

"Is this how siblings greet each other these days? Not even a hello? How fast the night changes, I must say." She said as she stepped into the house without even being told to.