[CH.26]

A tidal wave of anger and jealousy washed over the alpha completely as soon as he received a call from his best friend Taeil, telling him that the omega was currently sitting in a bar with both Johnny and the beta.

Peculiarly, it didn't seem to take less than only a few minutes before Jaehyun grabbed his car keys, and rushed out of his house like an infuriated wolf. Taeil, of course, made sure to send him the location of the bar as well, and Jaehyun was petulantly driving there to arrive as soon as possible.

This time, he wasn't going to stop himself from anything. He wouldn't let Taeyong slip through his fingers just like last time. At this point, it didn't even matter if the omega was with or against the idea of returning home with Jaehyun, because the alpha wanted to have him back, and he was going to get him eventually without any hassle.

The car ride took longer than expected or maybe that just explained how impatient Jaehyun could become. But finally, after a few minutes, the alpha arrived at the bar, stepping out of the car and observing the place from the outside. It looked cheap and boring indeed.

With that done, Jaehyun adjusted his tie, fixed his hair, and straightened his shirt before he stepped into the bar. He almost coughed due to the disgusting smell of frugal food mixed with sweat welcoming him. Peals of laughter and irrelevant conversations were told by many drunk people but that wasn't what Jaehyun was looking for.

His dusky red eyes searched for his mate in the room. Even though the smell of alcohol was stronger than ever, Jaehyun still caught a whiff of that beautiful scent of his omega that has left a ghost of him in his bedsheets, enough to turn his nights into a sleepless pursuit. Ever since then, Jaehyun has become a man haunted, out of whose fantasy the omega's image sparkled.

On the other side, Taeyong was still purely oblivious to the alpha's presence. He was still having fun with the couple, drinking and knowing much about each other.

"Guys, I'm going to go to the restroom. I'll be right back." Taeyong said, catching both of their attention.

"You've drunken too much tonight... Are you sure you're doing well? Do you feel nauseous or have any headache?" Johnny asked to which the omega quickly replied with a no.

"I'm fine, I just have to...you know."

A burst of laughter spread into a wide grin across both Johnny's and Ten's faces as they understood what the omega was referring to.
"Alright, all good. Don't take too long!" Ten said with another chuckle and Taeyong nodded shyly, almost stumbling when he moved on through the bar, towards the restroom corridor.

In case you're wondering if Taeyong crossed paths with Jaehyun or not, unfortunately, that didn't seem to happen. On his way back, Taeyong bumped into some tipsy, old man instead who probably was twice his age.

Since Taeyong was worn to a frazzle, he didn't realize that he accidentally spilled the older man's drink on his "expensive" looking shirt. Instead, the poor omega stood dead in his tracks, his eyes meeting the older man's burning gaze.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?! Watch out where you're going, slut!"

"I-I'm very sorry, sir... I-I didn't mean to cause you any trouble. Oh no, what have I done?"

The man was about to complain again but as soon as he heard the omega's apology and began to check him out from head to toe, his alarming glare was soon replaced with a filthy one, a big smirk dancing across his lips.

"If you're that sorry you have to prove it, beautiful... Huh, what do you say? With a body like yours? I'm pretty sure you're looking for someone who can make you feel good tonight."