I look in his eyes and see the vulnerability, I see the hesitancy of his words.

"If it's something you need more time to think about, then you have the rest of this day to do so. But please, really think about it. And know I'll support whichever path you take."

He leans down and kisses my lips. I kiss him back, holding on for a few seconds before pulling back.

He turns and walks out the door, shutting it softly behind him.

I turn back toward the bath and shut off the water.

"Come on monkey." I bend down and pick up Tara, placing her in the water before peeling off the rest of my clothes and getting in with.

Sitting down, Tara starts splashing around and playing with the bubbles.

I sit quietly and watch, Zac's words running circles in my head.

I really didn't want to become the Queen, not yet at least. I just wanted time with my mate. I wanted to start our lives together.

I worked my ass off to get into that college on an academic scholarship, and that would be all for nothing.

Just 4 days ago I became a demon.

Daniel just kidnapped me 5 days ago.

I've been with Zac for only 3 months.

Everything is happening so very fast. I just need time to process everything and to live through it.

I don't see what's so bad about me and Zac becoming human. I've been human all my life and I've turned out okay.

I don't see why my father would even put me in that sort of position.

Any sense of relief I felt knowing I've found my father disappeared and was emptied.

That man was cruel. He was only worried about his desires.

But then again, I guess he could claim the same thing.

I guess all I really need is time, which is something I don't have to make such a big decision.

I want a year. 365 days to just live my life with Zac and Tara.

Yeah!

I smile to myself, finally coming to a conclusion.

I'll become the queen, in trade for a year.

No responsibilities. No ties. Just life.

I quietly laugh to myself and pin my focus back on Tara still playing with the bubbles.

I grab the bottle of baby wash. Pouring some in my hand, I pull Tara closer to me and start washing her, making sure to get all the food off her chest.

After I finish, I lean back again and just let her play.

I close my eyes and relax until I feel little hands on my legs. I look up and noticed Tara starting to crawl on me.

Once she succeeds, she lays her head on my chest and starts to suck on her thumb.

I chuckle and pull the plug, letting the water drain before standing up and grabbing a towel. I wrap myself and Tara up, walking towards the counter.

I pull out a legless red onesie and get Tara all changed up and put her hair into some little piggy tails.

I secure the towel around myself before carefully opening the bathroom door, an already sleeping Tara in my arms.