-39-

Delilah PoV

My stomach tingled the longer we walked. The butterflies attacking me.

I was in complete bliss. I think I've never been this happy or this at peace. I only felt this way with Zac.

He was everything to me. I know to other people, they would say things such as our relationship has progressed too quickly, that we didn't, we couldn't love each other just after a few months.

But I loved Zac with everything in me. He made me feel like a kid again. But this was no puppy love.

This was real.

"Almost there my queen," Zac said. His voice quivered ever so slightly when he spoke.

Strange.

I smiled to myself and continued to eat my ice cream. I let my mind wonder to other things.

What would I wear on Monday?

What job would I get in the future?

What would me and Tara dress as for Halloween?

I giggled to myself. This would be the third year I got to take my little baby trick-or-treating.

I didn't go much as a kid, but I loved it now just as much as I did the first time I went.

"We're here, neonata," Zac announced. We were at the entrance to a board walk. I looked around for more people, but me and Zac were the only ones near here.

He took my hand and started the walk to the end. There was a benched area at the end, looking out over the water. The sun was setting and casting the perfect colors in the sky.

So beautiful.

"What are we doing here Zac?" I asked him. I wasn't complaining, I loved this view, but Zac had a nervous aura to him, which was confusing me.

"To watch the sunset, silly," he replied confidently.

Too confidently.

I nodded and snuggled close to him and watched the sun as it sunk below the horizon.

The orange and pinks still lingered, mixing together.

Zac cleared his throat.

"I, um...I have something to say," he chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck.

"From the moment I first saw you in the hallway, I knew our time would be special. But I never could have imagined this," he paused and looked across the water.

The butterflies were back, but at a much larger magnitude.

"In Hell, I was envious of my peers who found there mate at such a young age, I felt like the only one who didn't find mine. All of my siblings have found theirs. It's just me. But, when I felt your presence, I couldn't believe it." He looked back over to me and scooted away so he could look at my face.

"Zac, I-"

"I'm not done love, no interuptions!" He smiled and placed a kiss on my hand.

"I feel like I've known you my whole life, and I feel like you feel it, too. I don't know if this is the mate bond, but I feel a connection that I wouldn't believe is real. I want to be around you all the time. You don't know what the hours in class does to me without you at my side." Zac dropped my hand and raked his fingers through his hair.

"Delilah Daniella Jones, I love you with everything in me. If that makes me any less of a demon, so be it. You make my heart beat in irregular ways. You make my stomach fill with butterflies with just a thought of you. I feel so complete when your around. I don't know what the future has to hold, but I know I can do it if it's by your side."

My heart was so full of happiness and love that it could explode. It was nearly impossible to keep my mouth closed, but Zac asked nicely, and I have to do what he says.

Sometimes :)).

"I know this is some stupid human tradition," Zac chuckled nervously and reached into his pocket, pulling out a velvet box.

"But you were born human, so it's a part of you." He flipped the box open to show off a beautiful diamond ring, but not the traditional engagement ring.  The entire thing was covered in diamonds.

It was breathtaking.

I clasped my hands over my mouth, trying to hold my tears in

"Delilah, my queen. Would you make me the happiest demon to ever walk the face of this earth. Will you walk by my sides, no matter the problems thrown at us?"  Zac dropped down to one knee.

"Will you be my wife?"

I stopped trying to keep the tears from falling.

Every part of me wanted to scream yes. Wanted to jump in his arms and kiss his face.

But the insecure part of me thought of everyone's judgement. What would they say? I'm so young, I haven't even begun to live my life yet.

But that wasn't true. I was forced to start my life at such a young age, I shouldn't care what anyone else has to input.

"Fuck what everyone else has to say. Can't be mad for their pointless love stories cuz they haven't found their mate. I've found my person."

He was right. Nobody had the right to mediate our relationship.

"So, what's the answer?"

"Yes!" I squealed excitedly, jumping into his arms.

Zac wrapped me into a bear hug.

"Finché la mia anima non muore," he whispered into my hair. I smiled and leaned back, looking into his face.

"Now what the fuck does that mean?" I practically screamed.

He laughed the loudest I've ever heard him laugh before, causing between my legs to tingle.

"Such a dirty mouth. We're gonna have to set some rules I see" he leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

"Finché la mia anima non muore: until my soul dies. That's how long I will love you." He snapped his fingers and we were back at the treehouse, in our bed.

Zac reached for my hand, sliding the beautiful ring on my finger. I laughed nervously.

I wasn't a ring wearing person, I was sure to lose the beautiful jewelry.

Zac reached behind him and pulled out a chain necklace. He removed the ring and placed it on the necklace, then clasping it around my neck.

"Better?" He asked teasingly.

I nodded my head, then kissed him softly.

"Better."