-3-

After I pulled out and got Tara situated in her car seat, I put the spanish DVD in that she listens to three times a day, and we drove to a McDonalds about 40 minutes from the house. I tell Alicia to go inside and take our orders, and I just sit back and relax.

A feeling in my stomach started to rise, and I couldn't sense what it was. Then it hit me.

Freedom.

I look in the mirrors and look at Tara who's in the backseat repeat some Spanish words she's learning. I want her to be bilingual, and this is a good way to start. Sometimes I talk to her in spanish, saying things like come here, eat, sleep, and she seems to understand.

I take a deep breath and get out of the car. I pick Tara up and we go inside.

As we sat there eating, I went through the whole situation again with Alicia, telling her everything. She looks concerned, but not surprised. She's known this was a long time coming.

"Maybe I could move in with you," she says as she grabs my hand.

It's not a bad idea to be honest, and it would help with the loneliness. Alicia has been my best friend since forever. One year when my mother was especially high all the time, I practically lived at her house. She was the closest thing to family I had, besides Tara of course.

I nod my head and smile.

"I'll even help you with the bills. I know Daniel wasn't paying for a damn thing. Now, we will have a little extra pocket money."

I love Alicia, I really do. I tell her, "Let's do it. It is a three bedroom anyways so you would fit perfectly. "

"But, I'm probably gonna put the house up for sale within a few weeks, because I'm off to college in a few months," I add.

"Not without me, your not," she smiles. I smile back and hug her tight.

After Tara's finished eating, we go and look for a hotel. We find a reasonably priced one, and I asked Alicia if she would go get the room while I parked. She nodded, and I handed her my card. As she was inside, I was awaiting the notification that my card had been used, but it never came. Strange, I though, but pushed it out of my head. Alicia came back and we went to the room. It was 5 pm and there's still a bit of daylight left, so I ask Alicia what she wants to do.

"We can go see a movie," she suggested. "Find a park or a pool thats opened."

"Movie sounds good," i say. We get our belongings together and i pick Tara from her crib where she was napping. She grumbled a little, but stayed asleep. She really is my all. It's been just us since forever. I'm the only mother she's ever known. And Its gonna stay that way...
for now at least.

We arive at the local movie theater shortly after, and I tell Alicia to go ahead and text me what movie is available. She rushes off and I turned around and poked at Tara's belly.

"Wake up little one," I say calmly.

She grumbles.

"Tara, despierta," I repeat.

She yawns and opens her eyes.

"Where," she asks.

"Surprise," I reply with a smile.

I get out the car them and get Tara out of the car seat. I put her over one hip and my purse and her emergency bag over the other. We start walking toward the theater, and Tara excitedly yells, "Cine!".

"Good job baby, it is a movie theater," I say as I tickle her. She laughs and I get a text from Alicia with all the options, and I tell her I'm almost there but to get the most child friendly movie.

Hurry!! She texted. 

__________________________________
For anyone reading my book, thank you so much! It means a lot. Comment some suggestions for me but other than that I'm excited for y'all to see where it goes !!😁😁🤍