-15-

The professor droned on for nearly two hours, not even stopping for a breath.

My body was ridgid the entire time, thinking of Zac next to me kept my nerves up.

Finally, the professor announced the end of his lecture and with that, I began to pack all of my supplies back into my bookbag.

As I was turning to leave, a hand grabbed my shoulder, and spun me around. I nearly fell but the strong arms steadied me.

I turn my head to see a boy with black hair and a straight smile. He looked me up and down, then glanced behind me with a smile. I tried to turn and see who he was looking at, but he pulled my shoulders straight, forcing me to look at him.

"Damn," he smiled. "I guess you are kind of perfect."

What did he mean? I was nowhere near perfect, and I didn't want a stranger this close to me anyways. Besides Zac, the voice in my head shouted out.

What was it about him? I knew nothing , but he was so undeniably irresistible.

But maybe he meant no harm. Maybe I could let myself believe someone wanted me. Maybe everyone wasn't like Daniel.

"I'm Cameron," he said with a smile. "And Zac just so happens to be my best bro. So when I tell you that you must be special, believe me," he leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "Because Zac doesn't like noone." He ended his sentence with a smile.

He pulled me into a hug, and said, "welcome to the family bellissima."

I smiled then tried to walk past him, but another pull on my hand has me sighing in frustration. I turn to see who had pulled me this time, only to be met with a smile. Zac.

"I think I'll accompany you to pick up the child," he said with a grin.

I nodded and we walked out the door.

As we were getting closer to my room, my phone started to ring.
I looked at the screen, and the name read Ray.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hurry up, I'm gonna be late for the class. I'm walking out the door, so if I see you, then you take Tara, but if not, she's coming with me." He says hurriedly.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on the way, don't worry." I reply.

"Ok, bye," be said.

I put my phone back into my purse, and pulled my skirt down.
Just as I was rounding the hall to my room, I'm met with an anxious Ray, who smiles when he sees me, then his face drops when he looks behind me and sees Zac.

He hands over Tara, and plants a kiss on my forehead. "See you in the next class, I guess," he said, not looking at me once.

I laugh and wave bye, and look at Tara.

"Hola, baby," I say with a smile.

"Hola Mami!" She screams. I laugh, and so does Zac from besides me. I jump a little, forgetting he was there, and smile.

"Just a good friend? Does that mean I get a kiss, too?" he teased.

Tara tried to mimic Zac, but most of it just came out in a jumble of words.

"Can I hold her?" Asked Zac.

"Yeah, sure. Just be careful, she's wild," I warned him. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers, as Tara sat on his other hip.

I smiled to myself. This attention was kind of nice.

Zac lead us all the way to the opposite end of the hall, and unlocked the door. As I walk in, my eyes are met with boxes and suitcases everywhere. Looks like someone hasn't started to unpack, I thought to myself.

"I guess I just hadn't gotten around to setting up my room yet," he replied, answering my thoughts.

I nodded and walked in and sat down on the bare mattress. He walked in shut the door and sat Tara on my lap, then pulled out his desk chair. He drug it to right in front of me, and just stared.

His eyes seemed to roam my face a little, then down my chest, to my exposed knees, back up.

I subconsciously crossed my legs and sat up straighter, and cleared my throat.

"So, my next class is in 2 hours. How about you?" I asked him, trying to make conversation.

"Same. I got Hynes, what about you?"

I pulled my schedule from my pocket, and was disappointed to see we didn't have the same class.

"Trent," I said, trying to mask the sadness in my tone.

He chuckled, and I scolded myself for being too open.

He kept staring at me, so I stared back at him. Eventually, I started getting shy, so I looked away.

I stood up and announced aloud, "this is driving me crazy. I'm gonna organize your room." He laughed and shrugged.

"Knock yourself out."

I placed Tara on his lap and started to unpack his clothes. I put them neatly into his dresser drawers and moved onto making his bed. Then I placed his books and pencils neatly on his desk and moved onto the next task. His eyes watched me the whole time, and I found myself smiling and giggling quietly. 

After I was finished, I stood in the middle of his room and spun around.

"Tadaa," I sung out. He laughed.

I went over to where my purse was lying and pulled out my phone. It was 11 am, still an hour until my next class.

"I think I'm gonna go get cleaned up before my next class." I told him.

He nodded his head, then stood up and walked over to me, Tara still in his arms.

His face was suddenly in mine, our noses almost touching. He but a hand behind my waist and inched me closer.

My heart was beating fast . We were so close and we were breathing each other's air, his eyes never leaving mine.

Stop this, Delilah. You just met him. Be classy. Be a lady. Don't rush things.

I blinked a few times and then backed up.

"I just met you, and I don't mean to be rude, but it's just too early for this. I -" I was embarrassed so I looked at the ground and played with my hands. "-i think your great , I'd just like to get to know you better before we get any closer."

I smiled and then grabbed Tara from in his arms. She put her head in my neck and wrapped her arms around me.

He nodded, and he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. "Can I take a picture of you?" He asked.

I was dumbfounded. "W-what?"

"A picture. I would absolutely love to look at your face through my next lecture. Your absolutely stunning," he said.

My face was in flames, but I nodded.

I positioned my hair and made a face, and he chuckled.

"See you later, Delilah. " He said as he opened the door for me. I walked out and went to my dorm room.