XV. | FIFTEEN

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐘/𝐍 was the first to say she was going to go help Vanya, she was the last to reach the car with no other option left than to sit in the front between Five and Vanya

When they pulled up to the farm, bright white snow blanketed the ground for miles and a storm hovered over the barn.

"You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked as everyone scrambled out of the car.

"Well, the correlation is high." Five shrugged while eyeing the cracks of energy from above the barn.

A blonde woman ran outside, rifle up and pointed it threateningly between the eight as she yelled at them to get back.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong?" Vanya asked, putting a hand out to stop her.

"Carl." She breathed.

"What did he do to do?"

Her breath was uneven and shaky, "He's..." She shook her head. "He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flying. What the hell did you do to my son?"

Diego scoffed, shaking his head and walked forward. "We don't have time for this."

The woman Vanya had been referring to as Sissy aimed the gun at him.

"I'm trying to help your son."

"Look, Sissy, I found my family." Vanya told her, "These are my brothers and sisters."

She lowered the gun, a confused expression etched onto her face. "Were you lying to me the whole time?"

"Of course not. Look, I didn't know who I was. But I do now and we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."

"Then.. who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan."

Then the eight rushed up to the barn, nearly slipping on the snow in the process. Vanya shoved the barn door open and energy thrummed in a giant circle around Harlan.

Vanya screamed over the sound of humming energy, "Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you. I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?"

After receiving the okay from Sissy, Vanya walked into the circle.

Y/n noticed Klaus wandering towards the other set of barn doors and trailed after him.

"Shit." She groaned under her breath.

"Guys?" Klaus called out. Five, Diego, and Luther came over.

"Ah, shit." Diego complained. "That's exactly what I said." Y/n kicked at the floor underneath her.

"What? Who are they?" Luther asked, squinting at the two people in the distance.