💜Insomnia and Tea💜

Donnie x reader ~nonbinary ~

Donnie pushed back in his chair staring at the multiple screens on his desk. Feeling sleep get to him. He should have been done with the research hours ago by his own calculations.
With a sigh escaping the annoyed teen he got up to head to the kitchen to make some tea. Usually he would make coffee but yesterday he ran out so tea was his option for a warm caffeinated drink. He grabbed a box of oolong tea and set a packet down as he grabbed one of his mugs.

  "Morning Don" a very familier voice chirped

  "Aaaah shit (Y/n) you almost scared me" Donnie grumbled at his close friend turned crush.

  "Sorry Don" They said as they sipped at their drink from a cream colored mug.

  "It's alright (Y/n), couldn't sleep?" He asked as he made his tea.

  "Yeah, insomnia is fucking with me so I made myself some honey and lavender tea" they smiled up at their purple hoodie wearing friend.

  "Haven't tried that one yet" Donnie chuckled

  "Lavender helps with sleeping and I added honey for extra sweetness" They giggled their (e/c) hues shining up at him happily.

  "Didn't know that" Donnie said calmly hiding that fact his heart staryed racing from how beautiful/handsome those eyes are.

  "Something the genius doesn't know!" They giggled and gently elbowed him in the side.

  "Is it really that surprising?" Donnie asked.

  "Actually it is. You seem to know everything and it's so cool" They said as they stared into the mug in their hands.

  "I didn't think me being super smart was cool" Donnie mused as he took a sip of his tea.

  "Compared to your brothers, yeah" (Y/n) softly laughed.

  "I love my brothers to death but they are big dumb dumbs" Donnie laughed and patted his friends head.

  "Am I a dumb dumb?" (Y/n) asked playfully.

  "Your definitely above my brothers in smarts but you sometimes do dumb dumb things" Donnie responded coolly.

  "Well I got to be able to get along with the whole gang now huh" (Y/n) smirked and booped Donnie.

Donnie smirked and booped (y/n) back. The two started booping and poking eachother having a small war of whatever they are doing. The kitchen full of laughter and a mess once they stopped. That night the two only got closer then ever before.
Now Donnie could finish his research with a somewhat clearer mindset but an image of (y/n) smiling stayed in his head the rest of the night.

((Ok hope y'all like it! Word count is 437))