"Lena, your phone is ringing," Avi says as she searches for the buzzing device. I don't even keep it on my hip most of the time, I get all the important notifications through my watch.

"Nolan," I say surprised and worried as I answer on the last ring.

"Hi Lena, I know this is sudden but I have a very angry metahuman newborn," he says quietly into the phone and I pause as I look around the room. Hadley's test seems to be working and I am just thankful we can keep it under wraps so that it can't be weaponized against metas.

"We just brought Zaylee in... let me talk to my sister and I will call you back," I say to him and he agrees and hangs up.

"I texted Hades but she didn't answer yet," Avi says to me and I kiss her quickly before rushing to change. Walking back into the living room, I look around for Lyric and Elodie.

"They are going to get ready for bed together," Avi says and I lean on the counter pretending to swoon.

"We are so lucky," I say honestly and Avi shakes her head.

"I think we are just pretty decent parents," she teases as Zaylee becomes fussy again.

"She's been changed, we bathed her, nothing is chapped, her vitals are normal and I fed her," Avi says and I take our little girl into my arms and pull the shadows around us as I pace. Slowly she stops fussing and I lay her down in her crib as Avi watches. Grabbing my wife, she buries her hands in my hair and gives me a long kiss.

"We can always foster this one until a better home is found," she says to me as we rest our foreheads together. Both of our hearts ache, we haven't fostered any kids yet, we end up falling for them and wanting to keep them forever.

"I will call you as soon as I have more information, I promise," I say and she gives me another kiss but we break apart when we hear giggling.

Disappearing on the spot, I land in Hadley's apartment that she kept. We had another one made up for Click and Cabe, who are now happily engaged. I am surprised when they are both in the kitchen, hugging each other tightly.

"I am really sorry to interrupt," I say softly and they both look at me surprised.

"Lena!" Hadley says as she bolts over to me, looking at the glow in my sisters' eyes, I realize something.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" I ask her shocked and Alexander holds up the positive pregnancy test. Hugging my sister, she cries happily in my arms. Xander wants nothing more than to be a father, and Hadley has gotten over her fear of handling babies by helping Avi and me out.

"I'm sorry to burst this bubble, but Nolan just called me, he has a metahuman newborn," I say pulling back. Hadley and Xander have done all of the paperwork, they were planning on adopting too.

"That's okay, Xander?" Hadley asks as she looks back at my best friend.

"The more babies the merrier?" He says in a questioning tone before bursting out laughing.

"Are you sure? Avi and I can foster the baby until Nolan can find a better home," I say seriously to my sister. Her scars are barely noticeable anymore, she's been using a lot of creams and Avi has slowly been helping.

"No, we said that we would meet the next child. You are going to have your hands full with little Zaylee, we can do this. We have the nursery ready," Hadley says and I look down and put a hand on her stomach.

"You are going to be a mother," I say as emotion sweeps through me. Calling Aviva, I let her know what is going on as Hadley and Xander change.

"Do you know the gender? Or the name?" He asks me quietly as we wait for Hades.

"No, I didn't ask," I say and he hugs me in return. Hugging my best friend back, I can feel him shaking.

"Xander?"

"I'm going to be a dad, we're all going to grow into a massive Maverick, metahuman family, together," he says and the joy is overflowing out of him. Squeezing him, Hadley finally rejoins us and I take us to the hospital Nolan is at.

"Nolan?" I ask and the tall man spins around us and takes in Hadley and Xander.

"Come on," he says and we walk into a room and see a baby being taken care of by a nurse.

"He's a feisty one," she says to us and I stand with Nolan.

"Does he have a name?" Hadley asks quietly.

"He was abandoned last night, we don't have a middle or last name but his name is Cayson," Nolan says and Hadley walks over to the nurse, Alexander one step behind her.

"Cayson," Xander says softly as the nurse carefully hands Hadley the little boy.

"Is he showing signs of being..." I ask Nolan softly and the nurse holds up her slightly burned arm.

"Oh my," I say and Nolan nods.

"Well, I think he'll be safe with us. We can handle a few burns," Hadley says as she looks down adoringly at the little boy.

"Are you sure about this Hades?" I ask her seriously and they both look up at me and nod.

"I am pretty early in my pregnancy, I am guessing it's still my first trimester so that will give us plenty of time to bond with this one," Hadley says and Nolan looks surprised.

"Congratulations you two, were you trying?" He asks curiously and they both shake their heads.

"We got a little lazy about being careful," Xander admits and I gag.

"Let's get you two everything you are going to need for tonight, I can arrange for a hotel," Nolan says and I bid a quiet goodbye and head home.

Crawling into bed with Avi, I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her back to my chest making her chuckle. Holding her close, I tell her about what happened and I know she is slightly relieved that the child would have a safe home that isn't necessarily with us. Three kids are enough for us right now, we weren't planning on bringing in any more until Zaylee was at least four.

"I love you, Lena," Avi says to me and I kiss her shoulder and enjoy holding my wife.

"I love you too Avi, forever," I say.

"Forever and always," she says before we both try to squeeze a few hours of sleep in. These are the moments in life worth living for.

The End

Oh my god, I can't believe it's over 😭😭😭 I will have more books going up in the future. I have started working on a fantasy series already with plenty more queer energy. Thank you all so much for going on this roller coaster of a journey with me. The Mavericks aren't the Mavericks without all of the love, theories, inappropriate jokes, and support you guys bring to the table. From the bottom of my very gay heart, thank you. 

And as always, you are worth so much more than you realize. ❤️❤️❤️

Lots of love

Cc