Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

It's been about forty-eight hours since our meeting at Caspian and we are essentially waiting for Via to make the next move. We have our plan for when things finally get moving but we can't find her. One single tracker is still monitoring her biometric changes but Click can't seem to ping a location off of it. Everything is on hold and that's the struggle of only being able to do so much.

Aviva and I had a long tearful conversation last night and I was honest with her about everything. I told her about my hospital stay in detail, I told her things I never felt like I could articulate to anyone. We held each other as we both cried and just tried to catch up on everything that has been missed and I am so thankful for her every moment of every day, she's always been my rock and a weight I didn't know I was carrying is finally gone.

I am now in Hadley's living room with her and Alexander and we are arguing over how to redecorate all of the headquarters. Zana and Macie said they did not care as long as they got all of their technology back. A million swatches are covering the coffee table and I don't understand why we can't just go monochromatic.

"Our team's colors are monochromatic and gold," Hadley insists and I violently gesture to her room that Alexander and Lyle designed for her.

"All of our technology and appliances are going to be stainless steel, gold will not go," I say exasperated and Alexander looks between us.

"I feel like we are teenagers again," he says and Hadley snickers and looks at him with puppy dog eyes.

"You agree with me, right?" She asks with a sweet smile and he gives her an unimpressed look.

"No, because Lena is right on this one. It'll be annoying to add the gold," he says and her jaw drops and she leans back in her chair with a huff.

"I win, stainless steel it is," I say as I pull up more options in the correct color scheme.

"Hey, we have a problem," Click says as she steps off the elevator with Faith, Cabe, and Orion in tow.

"Add it onto the list of everything else that is wrong with our lives right now," Hadley says and I blow out a breath. We are fighting to keep public opinion positive right now, our selfie together in Voyager is crushing it online but there has been some backlash from everything that happened with the board members.

"Via's biometrics are off the wall right now," Click says and she shows us the screen where everything is being monitored and everything is in the red.

"We don't know where she is," Alexander says flustered.

"Aviva needs to use her damn brain," Click says and I text my wife who appears fully suited up within a minute. She puts her glasses on and looks at the tablet before pulling a face.

"I didn't know she existed for years, and you want me to magically track her location? It doesn't work that way, I have limitations too," Avi says frustrated and I send my shadows dancing around her feet to tell her to take a breath.

"She is going to blow up a fourth of the country if we don't find her!" Click says pissed and Orion disappears on a dime and Zana and Mason appear.

"No, no, no," I say pointing at Mason.

"What?" Zana asks confused.

"Mason you are wonderful and we don't baby you but you are still human. I don't need to worry about you getting blown up because you don't regenerate the way we do," I say seriously. I can trust Orion to get Faith and Cabe out of the blast zone, Alexander, Hadley, Aviva, and I all can heal quicker than any human.