| Chanlix

Title: Bloody roses

Ship: Chanlix (Chan and Felix) + Jilix mentioned (Felix and Jisung)

Genre: Angst

Hanahaki au ( tw // blood )

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Scarlett.

That's all he could see around him–in the bathtub, on his shirt, on his hands and on the scattered white rose petals.

His lungs burned from the lack of air and his throat felt raw. The metallic taste of blood was still fresh on his tongue when he tensed up feeling the prickly thorns scratching against his throat once again. He gasped, coughing up yet another dozen rose petals and roses a whole with their stem.

Maybe it was the life gradually being sucked out of his body or it was just from pure exhaustion but his eyelids fell shut and he allowed his mind to wander.

Love, something supposedly so pure, so innocent was the reason he was slowly breaking apart. However, regardless of the hurt it gave, he still thought it was beautiful. Beautiful like the white roses in his hands, an indication of his unrequited love.

He was much like those white roses he thought, delicate, unattractive, withering, dying.

He was dying.

Just a few hours ago, he had coughed up a fully grown rose for the very first time. He knew what that meant, he didn't have much time left. He had dreamt of doing so much but the end came too soon.

One of his dreams was to fall in love. He wanted to fall in love, experience that magical feeling that everyone spoke of.

And he did.

Around two years ago he met him–the love of his life. There was no particular reason for him to go outside but it's as if his feet moved on their own.

Not paying much attention to where he was walking, he crashed into his neighbour, namely Lee Felix, who had just shifted into the apartment across his own. Even though it had clearly been Chan's fault, the other had apologized a million times.

Chan never knew that it was possible to fall in love this fast. His heart was taken the day he gazed into the others eyes yet it took him six months to realize that he was in love.

The time they had known each other wasn't very long but it was long enough for them to have learned everything about one another.

They did everything ranging from having sleepovers together to taking long walks at 3 am. They cried together, laughed together and Chan fell a bit more in love with each passing day.

Two more months of being hopelessly in love and Chan finally decided to pour out his raging feelings for the other male.

It was a Sunday morning and dark clouds covered the vibrant sky creating a gloomy atmosphere as if the nature knew what was to occur in a few minutes.

Chan walked to Felix's house with flowers in hand and upon reaching the door, he raised his free hand to ring the doorbell but stopped as he noticed the door had already been opened. So, he got inside, calling out Felix's name. Getting no response, he walked further into the house and up the stairs to the younger's room.

Soft noises were heard from his room confirming that he was inside so Chan went closer and brought his hand up to the door to knock.

Before his knuckles could even graze against the polished wooden surface, he heard the four words which made his heart drop.

"I love you, Jisung."

Chan brought down his hand still processing what he had heard.

"I love you so much. Please be mine?"

He felt a piercing ache in his chest. Letting out a quiet shaky breath, he waited for Jisung's response and as selfish as it was, he hoped he would say no.

His heart was crushed as he heard him respond with an "I will be yours forever." from behind the doors.

Chan immediately turned around with a broken heart and left the house without a word. The flowers in his hands crushed in the suffocation of his unrequited love. They had been white roses, just like the ones he throws up now.

Oh, how he wished that it was him who Felix said that he loved. "I love you, Chan" it would sound so sweet, so pretty coming out of the other's mouth but perhaps the universe thought he was not deserving of this joy, of being loved back.

Felix had excitedly informed him of his new relationship the following night and exactly a month later, the nature gifted him with the prize of his one-sided love–coughing up pretty white rose petals every time he looked at Felix with Jisung.

Now he couldn't even think about the other without the feeling of flowers rising up his throat.

All he did was fall in love. It would have been so easy, to stop, to not fall in love. In love with someone he knew would never see him as anything more than a friend. All he had to do was not see him anymore, move away, to somewhere far, where they could never meet. He could but he didn't. He had always been the one to listen to his heart over his brain after all.

But even now that he's thought about this a million times, even now that he is taking his last breath and even now as his soul is ripped out of his body, he doesn't regret listening to his heart.

People would say he was foolish and that's what he was. Chan was a fool who gave up his life hoping to have something which he knew could never be his.

And there lay his lifeless body, all alone on the cold floor among those bloody white roses.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Omg hello- I am alive and I finally wrote something after more than a year(?) its pretty short and very angsty i am sorry- anyways thank you so much for reading!!