10

Well-Wood Hollows Visitation

               The boys were waiting in the quad for their taxi. "그녀가 우리를 볼 거라고 생각하세요?" (Do you think she'll see us ?), Huening Kai was nervous. They now knew Madam Hwang' story, but that didn't necessarily mean they were prepared to meet her. Taehyun offered a stoic smile, "그녀는 그 협회의 창립자입니다. 시간 내서 우리를 볼 거예요." (She is the founder of the society. She'll make time to see us.)

           Yeonjun was very worried. Was dark magic worth it ? "안 하면 어떡해요?" (What if she doesn't ?) Taehyun wasted no time trying to cheer the boys up. "그럼 그녀가 우릴 볼 수 있도록 하죠 겁먹은 멍청이들처럼 행동해도 소용없어요." (Then we'll make sure she sees us. There is no use in acting like scared brats.)

       Pretty soon they were outside a house. It was a white house with accents of black without. They let themselves in. "Madam Hwang, are you in ?", Soobin called out. A young witch called from the other room. "In here !"

                          She turned as they entered the room. "New recruits, right ?" Huening Kai gave a small grin. "We just have some doubts. Would you mind clearing thing up a bit ?" Soojin nodded rising from her seat, crossing over to the other end of the room. "당신은 어둠의 마법이 유용한지 의심스럽죠, 그렇죠?" (You doubt that dark magic is useful, am I right ?) They obviously weren't the first to come see her.

                                              Soobin spoke up, "당신의 계획은 무엇입니까? 어둠의 마술은 금지됩니다. 그럼 왜 그걸 가르치죠?" (What are your plans ? Dark magic is prohibited. So why teach it at all ?) Soojin rolled her eyes. It always came down to the justified magic versus what was considered demonic magic. "왜 당신이 배워야 한다고 한 것에만 자신을 제한합니까? 제 마술의 형태는 진부하게 만들어진 것이 아니라 단지 파격적인 것입니다." (Why limit yourself to what your told you need to learn ? My form of magic is just unconventional instead of tediously constructed.)

     She had a point. Yet again she was used to ridicule in the magical realm. Beomgyu sighed, "What if we agree to learn your magic, but you give us time to think about joining your ranks ?" Soojin was a big fan of this idea after she thought it over. "네, 4년차까지 합당한 결정을 내리셔야 합니다." (Fine. You have until you're 4th Year to make a legitimate decision.)

                              They excused themselves stepping out to call a taxi back to campus. Taehyun stayed back a few moments. "Madam Hwang ?" Soojin smiled at him. "Yes, my child ?" Taehyun was finally making friends, but ue wasn't going to live based on hi doubts. "I will learn your dark magics." Soojin was surprised. "Mind staying a while ? We have much to discuss, my child."