Chapter 31

***Malachi***

I open the door for Tempest, who seems a bit too cheery. more than usual.
She rushes inside, with a bag in her hands.

"I managed to steal the last brownie packet that Frank was saving for himself. I had to run out of the house," she tells me, laughing menacingly.

I smile at her childish behavior as she unpacks the snacks she had brought. 
I had the living room set up for us to have a good marathon of movies or series. 

She turns around, catching me staring at her, "What?" 

I look away, "Nothing. I would have like to receive a hug or a kiss as a greeting, but it's fine," I try to stop the smile playing on my face.

Tempest stands there, staring at me. "Are you done? Because I would have if you didn't ask. Now I don't want to,"

I gape at her as she picks up some snacks and struts to the living room. I race to get behind her and scoop her off the ground as she squeals in surprise. She giggles in my arms, trying to escape my firm hold as her legs sprawl in the air.

"You can't be sweet, not even once, huh?" I kiss the back of her neck.

"No, I cannot. Especially not with your attitude," I set her down and she faces me with a serious face, "I prefer to be sour,"

"Lucky for you, I like the taste of sour," I grab her face and steal a kiss from her. I feel her smile against my lips.

"I hate you," she says.

"You wish. Now kiss me back," I tell her. 
and she tiptoes to give me a peck in return.

She smiles and shies away to get comfortable on the couch. 
Just friends my ass.
I still haven't shaken that part off. Why the hell was she so quick to blow us off as friends? Friends aren't like she and I are. 

I turn off the light and get comfortable beside her. We decide on starting a show together, so every time we meet we will have something to watch together all the time. Genius idea. I usually fall asleep during movies anyways.

After Seven episodes and five hours, we both got tired. I can see her beginning to snooze off, curled up with the blanket. It's hard to see her as a threat sometimes. Not when she is this adorable. 

"Tempest," I whisper.

She groans in response as her eyes flutter open, "Yes?"

"Let's go to sleep," I get up and stretch, my joints making audible popping noises. She turns over on the couch, not budging. I roll my eyes at her lazy movement and bend down. I slide my arm under her and lift her off the couch, "You don't like to listen. The bed is so much more comfortable than the couch, angel," I say.

"I just didn't want to walk," her eyes open, wide awake. I realize I have been tricked. 

"You are a menace," I place a kiss on her forehead.

"I said I was no angel, but you insist on seeing me as such," She wraps her arms around my neck as we make our way into my room. 

I lay her down and head back to the kitchen to clean up and bring the blankets back to my room. She hates sleeping inside the sheets, only like to sleep on top, with a blanket. I finish clearing the kitchen and table and begin to head back.

There is a ring.
A ping of a notification.
I turn and see her phone on the island.

I go back and grab it to give it to her. It could be important.
It vibrates in my hand again.
I look, out of habit.