Chapter 30

***Tempest***

"Wow, these are so pretty," Olivia holds my hand in hers and examines every piece of art. Her eyes widening at each small detail on my fingers. I would normally shy away from people getting this close unless it's Malachi, but Olivia has been growing on me.

She, again, forced me to join her on her shopping spree. It's funny how we dress in opposite ways. Olivia dresses in a pastel, sage dress in high heels, looking as gorgeous as ever. Every man that walks by makes sure to check her out.

Meanwhile, I dress in a baggy KISS shirt, with black cargo pants and chunky sneakers. A major contrast to her sunshine and rainbow. Yet, she loops her arm around mine and drags me to every store possible.

We are currently shopping for a new purse at Chanel, sitting and waiting for the ladies to bring the three options she had chosen.

Olivia sighs, "I wish I had the liberty to get tattoos," she intertwines our fingers and leans her head on my shoulder.

This looks so suspicious.
But I am aware of her touchy behavior, and anyone who has a problem can answer to my middle finger. Disrespectfully.

"You can do anything you want, just secretly break the rules until you are free," I say.

"You think I will ever be free of my family. With Cole constantly traveling, I am the attention of my parents. Every detail is noted. Besides, the modeling agency has a no tattoo policy, so I can't afford to lose my job," she squeezes my hand.

I feel bad for her.
But, she makes sacrifices for her dreams even if it means she doesn't live life the way she wants to. She has ambition. I like that about her.

Her bag selections arrive and she takes time choosing, only to end up buying all three. I swear this girl has no sense of saving and no shame in having rich girl privilege. Again, love that about her.

As we are walking through the mall, I wonder if Malachi is here. We always seem to bump into each other in this place, but today seems to be an exception. I want to text him, but I think it would be rude since I am with Olivia.

"Anyway, where did you even get the tattoo done? The only tattoo shop is like on the other side of the city," Olivia says, texting on her phone. I make sure to keep her from bumping into people walking past her.

"Malachi took me to the tattoo shop, so I don't really know much about the place. His friend owns the place," I reply.

She stops, her heels coming to silence, "You're talking about Julian,"

I turn and look at her, "Yeah, why?"

"Nothing," she starts walking again, "It seems... absurd that Kai would take you there. Julian and he have quite the history, a tragic one,"

There it is again. A blotchy history going unexplained.
But I know Olivia wouldn't keep anything from me if I ask her.

"I heard. It's a very difficult matter. Malachi had a hard time explaining it to me," I lie. Well, do not lie, just twist the occurrence of events.

Okay, I am lying.

Olivia seems shocked, "Kai told you? Wow, you guys are getting pretty close, huh. Especially if he told you about this,"

She still isn't saying anything specific.

"How do you know about it?" I ask.

Her voice lowers, "You think I wouldn't know about how Kai's dad was behind Julian's father's death. Every family knows, and everyone thinks it's an accident but everything seems too perfectly planned for it to be an accident,"