Chapter 16

A/N: i haven't been updating due to some personal issues. i'm fine now tho. i'll try updating more often due to summer coming up. thanks for all the support ! {extra long chapter for you guys ;) }

After too many arguments and threats, we unanimously decided on going to the carnival down in the less urban area of Seoul. It took Haechan a bit of convincing, but he eventually did after Renjun had walked in.

"I still want those rats," Haechan argued once more. I was getting a bit tired of it at this point, but I didn't bother telling him.

"Haechan, you don't need any rats... you have yourself already," Chenle said while giggling. After his very short giggle session, he hid behind his own arms, terrified of Haechan's wrath. "Someone save me!" Chenle screeched.

"Oh my God. Could you guys argue quieter?" Renjun scolded the two, walking into the living room. "What are you guys fighting over that you must be so loud?"

"We're trying to decide on a place to go out; we've all kinda agreed to go to the carnival, BUT Haechan insists we go to the cafeteria to catch rats. He's very passionate about this," I sighed after explaining the whole situation.

Renjun rolled his eyes, "There are a bunch of rats at the carnival, idiot. Rats love all the food left on the ground. You can catch your rats there."

Haechan's eyebrows raised in inspiration. If there was a lightbulb above his head, it definitely just lit up.

"You're right. We should go to the carnival." Haechan smiled innocently as if he hadn't just been screaming at us.

After settling on the carnival, Renjun asked if he could come with us, which we couldn't turn down, considering he saved us from the rats. It was quite convenient since we needed someone to drive us, what with Jaemin having zero clue where we were going.

I begged them to let me get changed once more because I couldn't risk looking like an unpresentable mess in public. I wore light wash jean shorts with a little too many rips in them for Ki's liking, but when have I actually listened to her? I put on a plain black oversized t-shirt over it, tucking in the front part to create a nice baggy effect. It wasn't my preferred style, but I needed to wear something I could walk in, and this would certainly do.

"Is everyone buckled?" Renjun asked, turning to look at Jaemin, Chenle, and I being squished into the back seats of the car. "Because this is going to be a bumpy ride."

I narrowed my eyes, "That sounds promising." The sarcasm in my voice being very present. Renjun just laughed as he turned to the steering wheel. He stuck the key in the ignition and the next thing I knew, we saw the buildings of Seoul pass our windows. Well, from what I could see of the windows; the middle seat wasn't the best place to sit, being squished between two boys.

The ride wasn't too bad... for the first two minutes at least. Renjun rolled down his window as we got on the highway. Haechan glanced at Renjun, and without a look back, Renjun nodded his head.

"LIFE IS A HIGHWAY. I WANNA RIDE IT ALL NIGHT LOOONG." The two yelled in sync with the music. I shut my eyes in surprise, not like that would help my damaged ears. They were great singers, just... incredibly loud.

Chenle leaned over to my ear, "They do this every car ride. It doesn't last long because they only know the chorus to the song."

"Okay! Any requests for the next song?" Haechan asked, proving Chenle's theory.

"See?"

I smiled and stifled a little giggle. Haechan was still staring at us in the back, waiting for an answer.