Chapter 13

TW// light mention of rape

It's been about two weeks since I skipped with Jaemin. Surprisingly, nothing has really been going on. I haven't had detention in a week, so I just focused on school in my free time. It was all very repetitive, well, besides my lunch breaks with Jaemin.

One time, he didn't have anything in the house besides some cookie dough, so we simply ate that for lunch. We later found out it was Jisung's, and he was going to bake cookies with Ki. I bought him more cookie dough, but I still felt bad about it.

I shook away my thoughts and got up from my desk that was covered with multiple sketches. My brain hurt from all the school work I've been doing lately. It was 8:42, and I was doing school work. I should be doing something fun on a Friday night, not this, literally anything but this.

I walked into the kitchen in hopes of seeing Cho or Ki. To my disappointment, neither were there. I pulled my phone out of my pocket before I sat down at the counter.

Jaemin 🤮

i'm bored

i heard your friend yangyang was going to a party

I immediately went to text Yangyang.

Yangyang 🕺

jaemin said you're going to a party
any chance I could come?

sure, but it's at lucas' place so be prepared

no clue who lucas is
also, can i invite jaemin?

you'll prolly need him since it's your first lucas party

k... send me the details for the party

I called Jaemin to ask if he'd come with me.

"Yangyang told me about the party, do you want to come with me?"

"Sure, I'll be right over to pick you up."

"You don't even know where it is???"

"Don't worry, I know where it is."

And with that, he hung up. I got up from the counter to get changed into something that wasn't my sweatpants and t-shirt.

I stood in front of my closet for a good minute. I wasn't sure what to where until my eyes landed onto a dress I had never worn. I bought it a while ago for my mother's 50th birthday, but she got sick and decided not to have the party.