Chapter 2

[a week after the little incident]

I walked in the cool breeze to my first class of the year. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. Choosing such a prestigious major such as fashion design might not have been the greatest idea, but I knew I would be happy with it. I didn't think any of my friends had any of the same classes as me, since they majored in more doctor-y stuff. Ki wanted to be a botanical scientist and Cho wanted to be a therapist. Then there was me, I wanted to be a fashion designer.

A slightly harder breeze crossed my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. I sighed, thinking of how miserable my classes are going to be. The first class was artistic anatomy, it was essential for me to learn.

"Hey y/n!" I heard a familiar voice call. I whipped my head around to see Jaemin jogging up to me, his crossbody bag slightly bouncing up and down. I hadn't talked with him ever since the little run in we had a week ago. It was a bit sad since I oddly enjoyed our little time together.

"Hey Jaemin," I smiled. He finally caught up with me, just a tad bit out of breath. "What are you doing on this side of campus?" I questioned. He didn't seem like much of an artistic person to me, so I was a bit shocked to see him here.

"My major is in photography," he held up a camera around his neck. How did I not see that. I mentally cursed myself for being an idiot. "My first class is anatomy. My professor last year recommended it because I needed to 'know more about how the human body works in pictures,'" he quoted with a hint of annoyance.

"Wait, anatomy like artistic anatomy?" I asked. Maybe I would get to see more of him after all.

"Yeah, that's it!" He said smiling. "I heard it's mainly freshmen in that class though, so it's gonna be a bit awkward."

"We have the same class," I said happily, not trying to sound too happy though. I didn't want to scare him off.

"Really!" I nodded. "We can walk to class in the morning together then." Jaemin said, ecstatic.

"I normally go to a coffee shop to get tea in the mornings, you should come join me some time." I suggested, trying to subtly find a way to hang out with the bubbly boy more often. Something about him made me feel happy and I quite enjoyed it. Jaemin just smiled at the offer, not verbally responding. We walked to our class together, chatting about random things.

~

"y/l/n, y/n?" My name was called from the professor. I raised my hand with a friendly smile on my face.

"Here."

"Nice to meet you y/n." I just nodded my head and smiled in response.

"Na Jaemin?" The professor called.

"Right here!" Jaemin said with a raised hand. He was so loud. It really didn't help that you two wound up sitting next to each other. It was completely by choice though. Well, kinda. We just ended up sitting down next to each other, distracted by our conversation.

"Ah, prof. Choi told me about you," our professor said. Jaemin just did a simple smile. First days were so awkward. I sighed. There was time before class really started due to so many other students being late to class. Understandable, since it was, again, the first day. I spent the time just talking with Jaemin. "Wait, so you have three siblings?!" He asked surprised.

"Yeah..?" I replied. "I mean, I really only talk with my brother since we moved a lot."

"What do you mean by moved a lot?" Jaemin asked, looking intrigued.

"Well, my brother and I were... well to just say it as it is, smarter than our other siblings. Our parents would go on long business trips to China and Japan. By long, I mean like, year or so. And so, my parents took this as a way to expose us to different countries, therefore exposing us to different languages. Which is how I know Mandarin and Japanese."