𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚔𝚎

Start from the beginning

"I think I might be pregnant." Anita said quietly and Maggie's eyes widened in complete and utter shock.

"What? Are...you're kidding, right?" Maggie asked, not believing what she was hearing.

"I wish I was. I really wish I was, Maggie." Anita sighed.

"Does Daryl know?" Maggie asked and Anita shook her head.

"I don't know how he'll take it. I don't wanna say anything until I talk to Hershel. I wanna be sure." Anita said.

"Oh my God, this is why you're always tired all the time and why you're always using the bathroom." Maggie said in realisation.

"That means there's a higher chance that I could be pregnant, right?" Anita asked.

"I think so but it could be something else. I'll tell you what. Glenn and I are going on a run tomorrow. I can pick up a pregnancy test, so everything will be confirmed." Maggie offered.

"Yeah, thank you, Maggie. I really appreciate that." Anita said with a smile.

"Of course. And don't worry, I won't say a word to anyone." Maggie said, squeezing Anita's arm softly.

"I'm so scared, Maggie. What if the test comes out positive?" Anita asked. "What am I going to do?"

"Hey, everything will work out. You'll have all of us. We're already doing great with Judith. We can handle another baby." Maggie said.

"I hope." Anita sighed as she looked down.

----------

After my conversation with Maggie, I felt a little better about the whole situation but I'm still nervous as hell. Being pregnant would definitely be a setback. I didn't know what to do and when Rick returned with Hershel and Daryl, I knew I needed to speak with Hershel.

Rick informed the group that the Governor wanted the prison, that he wanted everyone dead after they shot up Woodbury so everyone knew they were preparing for a war.

"Yer okay? Ya' look tired." Daryl asked Anita once the meeting was over.

"I'm..fine. I just haven't been sleeping well lately." Anita lied. She hated lying to Daryl but in that moment, she didn't have a choice.

"I thought I was rather comfortable to sleep next to." Daryl muttered.

"No, it's not you. Never. Just this whole thing with the Governor, it's just gotten me a little stressed out, that's all." Anita said, squeezing his hand. "He wants us dead now. It's a valid reason to be worried."

"Not when we know we're gonna kill him." Daryl said.

"I hope we do." Anita said.

"I'm gonna go and talk to Rick and then I'll bring ya' some dinner to our cell. Ya' need some rest." Daryl said.

"Aren't you a softie?" Anita teased.

"Stop." Daryl smiled and Anita couldn't help but smile. She was so in love with Daryl. He took such amazing care of her and that made the idea of breaking the news to him even scarier. She didn't want to lose Daryl over this. She didn't want to lose what they had.

Anita kissed his cheek before he left to talk to Rick and she approached Hershel who was sitting in his cell. "Hi, Anita. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you about something." She said as she walked inside. "How would someone know if...they were pregnant?"

Hershel's eyes widened a little in surprise. "Well, they'd be tired a lot, they'd use the bathroom more often, the most obvious sign being their cycle would be late and the nausea." Hershel explained before looking at Anita. "You think you're pregnant?"

"I've experienced all of those symptoms, Hershel." Anita said as she teared up a little.

I prayed that when I talked to Hershel, he would tell me something completely different, something that would suggest that I'm not pregnant but he didn't. I'm pregnant and now, I don't know what to do.

"Then you most likely are pregnant." Hershel said and Anita sighed as a tear ran down her face.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." Anita said quietly.

"You seem to still be very early into the pregnancy. I would never suggest this to anyone but...you have time to think about whether you want to keep it or not." Hershel said and hearing that made Anita's blood run cold and that made her feel even worse. Anita had the option to get rid of the baby but even the sound of that made her skin crawl. Her heart didn't want that and Anita knew if she ever went through with it, she would never be able to live with the guilt. "It's not an easy decision to make so take your time. Thin about it carefully and in the end, if you decide to keep it, you can always come to me for check ups and advice."

"Thank you, Hershel." Anita whispered.

" Anita whispered