Chapter 21: Ghost of Past

Start from the beginning

She wrote down this information on her clipboard.

(Priyanka) Okay, according to what you said on the phone, you have headaches, fainting, mild dizziness and unusual exhaustion. It's hard to pin down the diagnosis, because with these symptoms, it could mean a lot of things. Some of them I can rule out because I hardly believed you'd have some of these.

She cleared her throat.

(Priyanka) To treat these issues you have, you mostly need more rest, perhaps take a vacation from your job at Wayne Enterprises. Your headache may come from stress, so the vacation should deal with the headaches and exhaustion. As for fainting and dizziness, I could give you some tablets to help reduce these symptoms. With some rest and taking these pills, you should be fine in a week or two.

(Bruce) Thanks.

She gave him a bottle of pills. He writes a check for her, way more than what the cost was, about thrice the amount.

Joker: Great job, you wasted money.

(Priyanka) V-Very generous of you, Mr. Wayne.

He leaves. Connie followed him.

(Connie) So, are you going to rest like she said? Because we both know this isn't about your company.

(Bruce) No, it's not. I don't even run the company, Lucius does. I'm just CEO. I can't exactly rest very often, not with the responsibility I have.

(Connie) Well, nothing's happening in Gotham or Homeworld. You should take advantage of this time to rest as much as you can.

(Bruce) I'll try.

He went to walk away, but Connie spoke.

(Connie) Wait. Is it all right if I told my Mom? I promise I can make sure she won't tell anyone else.

He looked over his shoulder.

(Bruce) Only if she won't tell anyone else.

He walks out of the hospital.

Joker: Well, that was pointless. All you got from that was a bottle of pills. And now the doctor knows your secret. I bet she'll have the shock of a lifetime. Imagine knowing you had the Batman in your clinic. If your identity ever goes viral, I bet she'll gloat. Not that I blame her. Anyone would feel superior to know the truth before the world does.

Bruce dialed a number on his phone.

[Phone] Mr. Wayne?

(Bruce) Lucius, I'm on my way over to Wayne Tower. I need to grab a few of my things.

[Phone] Very well. You didn't really needed to call, but I appreciate the concern.

Bruce called the Batwing over and used the grapple he has in his pocket to climb into the aircraft.

Gotham:

Bruce entered the top room of the building, which is his office. He walked through the door after opening it.

(Lucius) Mr. Wayne, I wonder what's going on. I just heard from Alfred that you went to the doctor.

(Bruce) I'm experiencing some symptoms that are concerning to Alfred. I was told by the doctor to rest.

(Lucius) Well, in that case, I hope you rest well. With Gotham being peaceful and no activity on Homeworld, you have plenty of time to rest.

(Bruce) I came by to pick up a few things.

(Lucius) Don't mind me here. I'm just signing a few pieces of paper. As well as I'm accessing the new suit. Even though it's over a year old, I still consider it new. With the few dents Miss Oliver put in it, I'm a little concerned if it does it's job to protect you.