Chapter 51

K  I  A  R  A    J  O  N  E  S  '    P  O  V :

It's been nearly three days since Carlos' fight and I can't stop thinking about our kiss.

Just then, the door rings.

"Kiara! It's for you!" Fiona yells from downstairs.

I bolt downstairs, wondering who it could be at this hour. It's 10 p.m.

I see Carlos at my door, looking absolutely miserable. His hair is messed up and looks like it's been pulled and raked through multiple times.

He's sitting on my sofa with his head down. When I walk into the living room, his head jerks up and I notice the anxiety on his face.

"Kiara, Can we please talk?"

I nod my head and suddenly realize I'm only wearing a bunny patterned pair of shorts that barely cover my thighs and a blue sleeveless top as my pajama.

How was I supposed to know Carlos would come knocking on my door at ten p.m.?

Hoping he doesn't notice what I'm wearing, I say, "Let's talk in my room, that way we won't get overheard." I really don't want Fiona or even my Mom to hear Carlos talk about something, whatever it is, that he only trusts me with.

He nods and we head to my room.

I close the door and realize, that not only is Carlos the first boy to come into my room, but he's also the first guy to see me in my pajamas. My cheeks go red.

Carlos inspects my room closely.

There's really not much to see, my walls are lavender, my room has a few posters of my favorite bands and a bunch of quotes are scribbled on sticky notes pinned on my softboard.

"Wow, who would have thought you were so inspirational, Angel." Carlos says, reading my quotes.

I blush.

"What did you expect, it is my room." I say, intrigued by what he might say about it.

"I don't know, maybe, pictures and posters of me?" He says with a smirk.

I laugh. "God, Carlos, you are so vain." I say, as I whack his arm playfully.

"But you love it." He says, pouting.

I smile.

That's when he looks at my fully exposed legs.

Correction, stares at them.

His hazel eyes turn a shade darker and I feel my cheeks turn a furious shade of red.

"Damn, Angel. Why do hide those legs?" He says huskily.

My heart beats faster and I feel breathless when he steps closer.

"You're so sexy, you know?" He whispers, making my breath get caught in my throat.

His hand hovers near my face and he caresses my cheek with his thumb and index finger.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach and when he removes his hand from my face, I feel my skin begging for his touch again.

He sighs and I take his hand in mine, ignoring the wonderful feeling erupting throughout my body.

"Carlos, what's wrong? Is everything alright?" I ask softly.

He moves to my bed and we sit down.

He shakes his head.

"Dad got arrested." He blurts out.

"What?" I ask, my mouth dropping open, not able to believe it.

"Yeah, Mom came home yesterday, and I told Mom everything he made me do, and she was furious. I have never seen her this angry." He says, grimly. "She couldn't believe he did that."

"Oh, Carlos. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, he deserved it. I have decided to cut him out of my life forever." He says, his hazel eyes confirming that this is what he wants.

I nod my head in understanding, yet feeling pained that Carlos has to go through all of this.

"Mom called the police after I told her everything and as soon as Dad came home, he was arrested. Even though I hate him with all my heart and soul, and I know he deserved it, I can't help but feel like I lost him. He was still my father, Angel." He says. And I do understand what he's going through.

"And now, she's so mad at him, she wants nothing to do with him, so she's going to file for divorce." He says quietly.

I squeeze his hand gently, reassuring him. This was difficult for him and I knew that. I also wanted him to know that no matter what, I'd be there for him.

He gives me a small smile, and I am happy to see his smile, because ever since he came over, the only emotion I could see was anger and sorrow.

"Carlos, I want you to know that I'm always here for you, whenever you need me, and I will always be there for you, no matter what." I say softly.

He stares at me and says, "Thank you, Angel."

I hadn't realized how quickly the time flew by.

Before either of us knew, we were fast asleep on my bed.

Carlos was dead beat and so was I, we talked for a while, laying in bed, with my head on his chest and his arm around me.

Next thing I know, it's morning.

When I feel someone's arm draped over my body, I am confused. It takes me a moment to remember last night, and I freak out.

Mom's not going to be happy.

Having a boy in my room, that too in my bed, what was I thinking?!

I jolt out of bed, and throw the covers off Carlos. He wakes up, but doesn't open his eyes, instead, the idiot just groans and turns the other side.

"Carlos! Wake up!" I hiss.

"Mmph! Let me sleep!" He says when I draw my lilac colored curtains, letting the light flood the room.

"Carlos, you have to get out of here, my Mom is not going to be happy seeing you here!" I practically shout.

He groans, but does nothing whatsoever, to get out of bed.

Having no choice, I go to the bathroom and cup my hands with cold water. Then, I throw it on his beautiful, peaceful face, and he screams.

Literally, screams.

I cover my hand over his mouth, to prevent us from being heard, and he finally opens his eyes and a wicked grin appears on his face.

"You're going to pay for that, Angel." He says mischievously.

Next thing I know, I'm being thrown under his body, and attack with tickles.

"N-No! S-sstooooppp!" I say, laughing hysterically.

"Why? The fun has just begun!" He says grinning wickedly.

A/N: Please vote for this chapter if you liked it, and Please, don't be a silent reader! Let me know what you think :D

Byeeeeeeeee <333