Chapter 49

Carlos doesn't say a word. And neither do I. He holds a deadly grip on the steering wheel, to the point where his knuckles have turned pale white and he is looking anywhere, but me.

Instead of turning into the lane that would take us on the route back home, Carlos swerves and takes a sharp right.

I suck in a breath.

I know he's mad right now, so I don't question him.

He finally stops at a pristine park, in the middle of nowhere. Literally. There are no cars, no people, no one. Just us.

I gulp down my fear, and follow Carlos out of the car.

He sits on a long white bench and I follow suit.

 We just sit there in silence, consumed by the air filled with tension.

"I f***ing hate him." Carlos says, finally.

I turn to look at him, feeling truly sorry for him.

"I can understand." I say quietly.

"It wasn't always like this. Something changed him. It must have been the drugs." He says.

I flinch at the word 'drugs', considering my own mother is a drug addict.

"Who the Hell does that? To their own son? Doesn't he care about me? Why doesn't he care about me? What have I even done to him, to earn this?" He asks.

"Nothing Carlos. Nothing. It's not your fault, he turned out to be that way. He is a douchebag and he definitely doesn't deserve such an amazing son like you, Carlos. Or even a wonderful wife, like Elly."

"We don't choose our parents. I should know that. You fought bravely today Carlos. And I am extremely proud of you, regardless of what that douchebag thinks." I say, giving him a small smile.

"My mom says he was a different person when they fell in love. He would always treat her with respect and love. After they got married, had me, and Dad got a job, things changed. He started staying out late, not telling my Mom where he was. If she asked, he would say, he had an important meeting. Whenever he was home, he would always pretend to care about me and every time I did something wrong, he would raise his hand on me, saying it was 'for my own good'. Some days, it hurt so much, I could barely walk. My mom was so scared, she would try to defend me, but he wouldn't listen. Instead he would threaten her and shut her up. Mom was upset I had to deal with this and upset that he had changed. Whenever I won a prize at school or even a match during soccer, my dad wouldn't show up, but my mom would be there for me. Always, no matter what. I kept my end of the deal, and all I got was a punishment. Am I really such a terrible son? How f***ed up is that?" Carlos says. His voice is breaking and I can tell this is hard for him.

I take his hands in mine, and just look into his hazel eyes for comfort.

Tears fall from his eyes and I hug him as I let him cry out all his emotions.

We just sit there in silence, him crying on my shoulder, and me, watching him in pain, yet not knowing the right words to say.

"I'm so sorry, Kiara. For everything. For hurting you, for ruining your shirt, and for just being the moron that I am." He says.

I shake my head. "I forgive you, Carlos. You don't choose your family. I can vouch for that. My family isn't perfect either. In fact, the real blow, isn't knowing that I'm adopted, it's finding out how I'm related to Zara."

He looks at me, stunned.

I then explain everything. The party, my real parentage, and Zara.

He listens carefully and intently.

When I've finished, he curses.

"I'm so sorry, Kiara. I wish I was there with you, I would have helped you go through all of that. You didn't deserve to go through it alone." He says softly.

A soft breeze picks up, making the loose strands of my hair flutter and dance in the wind.

Carlos tucks it behind my ear, his fingers touching my earlobe and making tingles spread through my body.

"Carlos, you have people who love you. Your mother, your friends and of course, your teachers. You are a wonderful person, you're smart, strong, brave, caring, you have a good sense of humor, and you're very down to earth. Sure, sometimes you can be a moron, but you are still a good person. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise." I say.

He stares at me, and his thumb grazes my jawline.

"Kiara, I care a lot about you, you are truly something, you know that?" He asks, smiling at me.

I return his smile and my eyes search his.

"I feel so much better already. Somehow, you know exactly what to say. You have your heart in the right place, and that's why I really lo- like you, Kiara." He says.

Heat rises to my cheeks and his eyes flicker between my eyes and down to my lips. My heart beats faster as he leans in, barely an inch away from my face.

Without hesitation, I close the distance between us and press my lips against his.

Our lips immediately take over, moving in sync, as I deepen the kiss. My heart is going crazy. He is making me go crazy.

His tongue touches my bottom lip as though asking for permission to enter. I let his tongue touch slide into my mouth as it meets my tongue and it explores my mouth.

The sun begins to set.

After a breathless make out session, I pull away for some air.

"I was serious about you being a moron, you know?" I say with a playful smile.

He grins. "I know. And I accept that."

I laugh.

Carlos and I talk, laugh and make out.

We laugh are butts off, not giving a care about where we are, what will happen tomorrow, or anything.

Together, we watch the sun set in the sky, with my head on his shoulder and our hands intertwined.

I can't imagine any other way to spend my day. If I'm with Carlos, I forget about all my worries and fears. He just has that effect on me.

A/N:- Wow, this chapter was a bit deep. But, hey! All you Kiarlos shippers, got another Kiarlos kiss! And a legit one, too! :DDD