"What is it?"

"A dagger. You stab people with it."

Wang Bao quickly looked down then grabbed the small weapon.

"Why are you giving me this, aren't you afraid I'll stab you?"

Nakai sat down and picked his cutlery up, not giving Wang Bao any eye contact while he scoffed.

"As if you could."

Wang Bao chuckled darkly before speaking with a full mouth. His fork pointed towards Nakai's thigh.

"How's your leg?"

. . . . . .

After their meal, the duo left the inn. They walked along the main street of the small town, small self-driving cars passed them while Wang Bao looked around. The town folk all seemed to be on good terms with Nakai while not knowing of Wang Bao's existence. After the fifth person greeted Nakai with a warm hello, Wang Bao couldn't stop himself from speaking up, his tone much more bitter than he realised.

"Why do these townsfolk know who you are? They even greet you as Prince Nakai. Don't they know who their own Prince is?"

Nakai greeted a produce seller while listening to Wang Bao squabble. The man quickly handed over a bag of fresh fruit and a bottle of freshly made juice. Like everyone else the man didn't acknowledge Wang Bao, who was standing right beside Nakai. After taking a large gulp of the purple juice, Nakai answered back lazily.

"Like I said before, this isn't my first time in Man Country. I can't answer why no one knows who you are though, that's your own problem."

"Let's hurry up and leave, we should leave Man Country as soon as possible."

Wang Bao was feeling bitter over the fact that an outsider was receiving more love from the citizens compared to their own Prince, but he knew it was better if nobody recognised him. If his Mother caught wind of where he was then it would mean the end of his life. Nakai simply rolled his eyes before talking.

"Fine, there is a freight line that runs through this town. There isn't any form of security as it's self driven. We can ride the line to T city on the border of Man Country."

This was the first time Wang Bao had heard of this city and he followed behind Nakai, taking in more of the sights as they walked, he also wondered if there was anything else he didn't know about his own country. Along their walk Wang Bao noticed how the people in the town were smaller than the people born in the royal city but their smiles seemed more genuine, their houses were also made of wood while Wang Bao had only seen houses made from stone and metal. Seeing his own people live a life he was unfamiliar with felt both refreshing and strange, he couldn't help but think out loud.

"I've lived in this country my whole life but a total stranger is more familiar with this land. I wonder if Lei was ever as naive as me."

Nakai mumbled under his breath without Wang Bao noticing.

"Maybe your naivety is what kept you alive."

By the time Nakai had led them to the railway, the sun had reached its peak. The warmth was becoming too much and Wang Bao wiped his sweaty forehead. Wang Bao was too used to spending time inside and felt uncomfortable with only a little exposure to the sun. Nakai on the other hand seemed fine even though his clothing was heavier and darker. While pointing at the train tracks behind them, Nakai spoke clearly.

"The line doesn't stop so we'll need to jump it. You should run first since you're slower."

Wang Bao felt like he couldn't catch a break as he saw the line come around a bend a far distance away. He clutched his bag tightly before he moved his legs into a light jog, he could hear the train nearing his back and he picked up speed. Wang Bao's legs burned even though he had only been running for a short amount of time. Nakai was practically fast walking behind Wang Bao while he tried to pick up speed. The front of the line passed by with high speed followed by the first carriage. Wang Bao felt his face drip with sweat and he pushed his body to run faster, finally he saw a gap between two carriages for him to jump onto close in. Without thinking he leaped sideways, Wang Bao clung to the metal rail jutting out and lifted his aching legs.