looking for Tails

Minutes earlier when the egg carrier crashed. Eggman had felt unconscious during the crash. When he woke up, he looked around and saw that his carrier crashed.

"No! M- my egg carrier!" He cried out. He then turned and saw that metal sonic is heavily damaged.

"Stupid piece of junk." He says, but then notices that the chaos emeralds are gone.

"Curses! Now the emeralds are gone, now I have to find them before sonic finds them first but... Where am i?"

He walks towards the big hole and jumps out. He soons starts walking in the forest wanting to know where he's located at.

Few hours later with sonic and knuckles now, they were searching for tails for hours now. Sonic wanted to go ahead of knuckles and see if he could find tails himself, but he doesn't want to lose knuckles once again. They soon stopped and the rest for a bit in the forest.

"We've been searching all night. We need some rest." He informs Sonic.

Exhausted from all the running, Sonic is leaning up against a tree looking up at the sky that's ready to be morning. "Yeah, he could be anywhere from this point on."

Knuckles falls backwards on the ground and sighs. "So what now?"

Sonic looks at him. "You should rest a little." He informs.

"Tails probably knows where-" sonic was cut off.

"Sonic! Knuckles!"

Sonic raises a brow and looks at the direction on whoever is calling his name. Knuckles sits up as well and looks. Tails flies towards them and lands.

"There you are tails!" He feels relieved that his best buddy is okay.

"Great to see that you're okay." Knuckles said.

Tails nods happily. "I can say-"

"Now can you please tell us where we're at?" Knuckles asks interrupting his sentence.

Tails shrugs not knowing as well. "Sorry, I wish I knew too."

Knuckles falls back to the ground once again. "We need to find the chaos emeralds quick."

Sonic looks at knuckles. "What's the rush for knuckles? Finally going out on a date with rouge?"

Knuckles blushes, then sits up angrily.  "No! I do have a master emerald to watch over.

Sonic scoffs. "Anyway, let's rest up so we can find more information about this place."

"Good idea." Tails lies down and curls into a ball.