1.

Jungkook looked with tears clouding his eyes. His girlfriend got harassed, and he was so helpless. Every touch they aimed at her sent him in trauma. He tried to break free from the harsh grip they had on him, but she just got more hurt. It ached his heart about how unable he was to safeguard his own love. 

"Please! I beg you! Leave her!" He kept begging, nevertheless, she kept weeping and screeching. Her high-pitched voice shattering his core. The desperate voice of her, making the blood in his veins freeze. How terrible could he get? 

"Jungkook! S- save me! Please! Jungkook..." 

Jungkook's eyes shot open as he sat up with the lightning speed. The sweat, coating his forehead, and his breath irregular. The same nightmare he saw everyday.

He got out of the bed and came into the living room that was a mess, not wanting to stay there anymore. After he reached, he stared at the canvas in front of him for five fine seconds before picking up the charcoal and portraying his dream on it. 

He drew her. The way he saw her helpless. The way fear was visible in her orbs. The way water ran down her face. Only if he had been able and efficient to protect her, he wouldn't be drawing this. his tears fell with each stroke he made. 

He could feel his heart beat the same way it did on his sixteenth birthday. Her yells never left his ears. Even in the most deafening censorship, her pleads rang in his mind. Four years passed since that incident, and he still held it. 

Finally, it was there, the sketch slowly getting completed. The more it did, the more he went in demise. The urge to rewind the time and never go out on his birthday hit hard in his chest. He had been such a fool to even take her out on that night in LA. 

As soon as he dropped the charcoal and gaped at the complete figure, the scenario repeated in his head, causing his knees to weaken 

What could he even do for the one, who he dreams about even in his dreams? He was still in love with her. The agony of guilt in his chest. He still chased her every single day and night in his reverie 

"I... I couldn't save you..." He clenched his jaw and gazed out of the window to see the bright sunlight falling in the house. It was the time, he should be leaving for the college. 

Sighing, he went inside to shower. Her smiles and laughs bitterly being a reminisce by him every time he closed his eyes. He felt like he was in dust in hot temperature of desert, and his soul was ignited by his regret. 

When he was finally done with his routine, he gave the drawing a last glance and walked out of his apartment. The roads appearing pale and devoid of any light to him. Even though it was perfectly normal with the people walking and giggling while talking, to him it was just plain. 

It didn't take him long to reach the college gates. He entered in and made his way towards his class, hoping it to be as usual, but surprising was the fate. 

Soon, a girl ran with a wide smile on her face accidentally bumping into him and causing him to catch her right by her waist while her head hit his hard shoulder. The entire thing happened so quick that they couldn't even see each other's face. 

He slowly shifted his gaze at her to see her features. They were innocent and delicate. Her rosy lips and small nose with doe eyes holding sincerity as he edges got pressed into a thin line, trying to resist the impulse to wince. As far as he knew, he hadn't seen that face before. It was pretty clear to him that she was new in the college, and also, it didn't matter to him anyway. 

He sighed, being done and glared at her, "get up, or else I drop you." 

She widened her eyes before getting up and bowing multiple times to ask  forgiveness, while he just clicked his tongue and her and scoffed in pure annoyance.