watching coffee brew

We continued to train for about another hour doing things like blocking objects, lifting and throwing objects, in air combat, and some other things.

(this is basically what I mean by 'in air combat' minus the swords)

"Your control has definitely improved," I said to Rachel as I put away the training sticks. "Thanks!" she said back, "oh and there's something else"

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked her, "when I sleep I can't control it and I don't know what to do because I don't want to hurt anyone," she said with a worried look on her face, "oh, um" I didn't really know what to say, "okay well how about I stay in your room tonight so I can see what exactly you mean and make sure you don't hurt anyone," I said to her, she smiled and nodded.

***

I came into her room later that night to see she was already asleep. I sat down in a chair at the end of her bed and waited. I dozed off at some point but when I woke up I saw the black water circling Rachel like when we were training but she wasn't floating this time. She looked so peaceful and I could tell that she hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in a bit so I didn't wake her. I noticed that her powers would try to get bigger every once in and a while so I would have to use mine to keep them a safe size. After another while, I dozed off again but I made sure to shrink the black water circling Rachel before I did. At some point Gar came in which woke me up, "rach?" he said as he entered the room. I sat up fast and looked at him, he had a worried look on his face, "Rachel?" he said carefully, he obviously didn't see me because he kept walking slowly over to her bed. He started to reach out his hand but before he could I stood up and grabbed his wrist pulling it away from her but not before the water sliced my hand down to my wrist. "Son of a bitch" I exclaimed, Rachel, woke up with a startled look on her face, "I'm up. I'm up!" she said as I grabbed my bleeding hand, "y/n...."

"What happened?" she said, then she saw my hand "shit," she said as she got up and walked over to me. "I'm so sorry," she said as she looked at my hand, "it's fine, it wasn't your fault," I said back to her. Gar still had a worried look on his face, "Gar I'm fine" I said to him, "Jason's..." he said, still looking worried. "What Gar, what about Jason?" I asked him

"Gone" he finished his sentence, "what?'' Rachel said. "What happened to Jason?" Dick said as he walked into Rachel's room, "go '' I said to him, motioning for him to go and talk to Dick. Gar left with Dick, and me and Rachel went to the kitchen. When we got to the kitchen Rachel made some coffee as I wrapped my hand, Gar joined us a bit later "where is everyone?" I asked him as he sat next to Rachel, "there in the tech room talking about how to get Jason back" he said. "What?!" I said standing up, "I wouldn't bother, they don't want our help," he said, I sat back down feeling a bit annoyed. "We should be doing something other than sitting here watching coffee brew," I said "Jason's strong, he'll fight back" Gar reassured me, "yeah, or he'll be so annoying Dr.light will just let him go cause he doesn't want to hear him talk'' Rachel said, I smiled a weak smile at her.

~hope you like it!! sorry if this was a short chapter~