Chapter 2

TW: physical abuse, verbal abuse, homophobia

Atsumu's backstory

His Pov:

"They don't know anything"

Pretending your fine and doing well isn't that easy.

"Isn't it kinda sad"

The closest people to you not knowing is even worse.

"I thought we were family"

But not as bad as your own blood neglecting you.

I had always been a very cheerful and open person. I had friends who were really nice to me, a best friend who still means everything to me till this day, a twin brother who I "loved" dearly and my parents. We lived in Hyogo and me and my twin brother attended Inarizaki and were both in our second year high school on the school's volleyball team.

I never really payed much attention to my romantic relationships and so on but during the beginning of are second year we had this one practice match with a school from Tokyo. One of the guys seemed to catch my eye but he seemed really distant from everyone but he was still really hot.

We had talked about relationships this one time in class and we were on the topic of same gender relationships. Some people seemed to not really care about the idea but some didn't like them at all.

I myself didn't know what gender I was into until that day I meant that one guy. Although I knew nothing about and by the looks of it, it might seem that I only like him for his looks but that wasn't the case at all.

He seemed really passionate about volleyball and focused on himself. He looked like the type of person who kept to themselves but overall he seemed like a good person.

Now the stupid mistake I made was to come out to my parents. By that time, I had identified myself as gay because of the way I felt towards that guy which I had never felt towards any girl judging by the fact I was surrounded my girls 24/7.

I never liked keeping things from my parents since we were family and I felt like family should always stay together and talk things out and that's what I did which was a very very bad choice.

The day I told them was when I came back from school couple days after the practice match we had. I went up to my parents room and sat them down.

The look on their faces made my heart drop down to my ass.

The look of disgust.

Disappointment.

Hatred.

It was clear all over their face.

They yelled at me like never before and I was genuinely confused and scared. From then on there they became abusive towards me.

They wouldn't let me eat on the same table as them or the same food my mother would cook.

In conclusion, they didn't like the sight of me or my face. Nothing about me

About a week ago, we were all settled on the living room couch laughing together at comedy show and now they were acting as if I was some unwanted object they couldn't get rid of.

From time to time when I'd come back from school I would hear comments from my mom and dad calling me a "disgusting homo" or a "faggot" which really did hurt me. Hearing these things from your family isn't the best thing ever.

I'd usually run up to my room not wanting to hear any of my parents comments and silently cry rocking myself back and forth on my bed.

Osamu, my twin brother did witness the abuse but he never reached out to help me. I don't really understand why because we were really close but he never said anything rude or mean towards me. He just acted as if nothing not normal was happening and went on about his day. We slowly started drifting apart and stopped talking to each other outside of volleyball.

The only times I got to eat was at school and in the night but not most of the time. I wasn't aloud to eat with the rest of them so I tried to sneak food from the fridge at night most of the time trying not to get caught. Some nights were successful but some weren't. This is when my parents started to physically abuse me. Whenever one of them caught me they'd grab any object close to them and start beating me. I cried and cried begging them to stop but that didn't work at all.

I'd end up with bruises everywhere and I was slowly losing it.

This is where Tooru comes in. Oikawa Tooru. My best friend. My family. The only person who I can call my family.

He has been there for me through everything. We had meet at a training camp during our first year of high school and we clicked since then. Even though we didn't live near each other at the time, we'd still call EVERY single day. He had his own problems at home so we both talked about them with each other. We'd usually cry together, comfort each other and come up with solutions to fix them.

Soon around April of our second year of high school, me and Tooru had a plan to runaway to Tokyo together and start a new life. Packing up was really hard because my parents had been up thinking I would try to steal food again waiting to beat me. I grabbed my bags and suitcase, phone, necessary needs like medication, important cards and money I had stolen from my parents couple days before. I deleted everyone's contacts except Tooru and didn't leave no goodbye messages for anyone because I only had Tooru and that was more than enough for me.

It was around 3 am I started making my way to the train station. We had bought tickets to Tokyo. The place where I was starting my new life with Tooru along side with me.

yay. so that's Atsumu's backstory and next is the Main story including everyone else.

The other boys will come in later on in the middle. Be prepared for some angst, drama, fights and fluff.

~ Sato