t w e n t y

Even amidst intoxication, Kian doesn't slack in his responsibilities

Even amidst intoxication, Kian doesn't slack in his responsibilities. Before the sun begins to rise, he bids his friends farewell, as do I, and the pair of us leave, venturing back towards the Manor, slightly wobbling in our steps.

We stroll, not bothering to rush, Kian whistling a tune that vaguely resembles one of the old world songs we listened to in Yonda's. A smile graces my face as I listen, amused by this altered persona that has shown itself this evening. Never would I have assumed he could become more blasé and carefree that he is already. When he stumbles, I giggle, bringing his attention to me. He grins wide and I smile in response, tucking my loose hair behind my ear to see him clearly.

I'm slightly startled when he reaches for my hand then, pulling it towards him for inspection, his fingers wrapped tightly around mine. "You're engaged." He points out and my brows furrow. It sounds like a statement of realisation, more than it does a reminder.

"Yes; but you knew that." I say. He nods emphatically in return, exhaling a slow breath as he lets his fingers run over the rose quartz of my ring in slow ragged movements, occasionally trailing on to my skin.

"I know. Seems I just let myself forget." He draws the pair of us to a stop, running his thumb across my knuckles before taking a gentle hold of my hand, lacing our fingers together, the ring forgotten. "It's nearly been a month." He tells me, and I chew on my inner lip in response. With gentle force, he pulls my hand towards him, and in tow, the rest of me, until our fronts are grazing.

Still, even now, this intimacy makes my heart stutter, more so when I'm not completely dazed by alcohol. It feels different; not quite as brazen, far more passionate. To meet his gaze, I look up through my lashes, staring back at the whirlpools of raw amber that still sparkle, even now in the darkness before dawn. He makes no move though, just has us remain in this closeness. "What is it?" I ask him in a gentle murmur.

"This wasn't meant to happen." He says softly. My brows wrinkle in confusion, but before I can inquire the meaning behind his words, he claims my lips with his own, shattering the final stretch of space between us.

Instinctively, my hands find the curve of his shoulder, my support as I melt against his touch. His own hands grip at my waist, with a fierce urgency that I have never felt from him before, pulling me impossibly closer. We have found synchrony with one another, shared intensity and passion as we kiss, heating me from the inside out, drunk once more, but this time, from the taste of him.

He moves his hold on me, clasping either side of my neck, resting his thumb against the throbbing pulse of my throat, urging me closer still in a dominating movement, one that has me gasping in response. Within that window, he pursues me further, allow his tongue to dance with mine in gentle caresses of intimacy. When I grip desperately on the curves of his shoulders, struggling to decide between the need for air, and the need for Kian, he takes it upon himself to separate us. Only slightly, as he leaves his forehead to rest on mine, our noses skimming as the pair of us heave in a breath.