Listen before i go (part 1)

Start from the beginning

Now that percy had became aware, the only light in the room was surrounding the table where he lay.

"Who are you, and why am I here-"

"Are you deaf!? I just told you that I kidnapped you!" The boys heart skipped loops of horror in his chest as a man he had called his uncle emerged from the darkest corner of the room.

"Are you are going try and kill me? Are you or aren't you? ANSWER ME YOU BASTARD!" A tremor of terror filled my core as Zeus responded.
"Actually no....Or maybe....Thats a good starting point but not now, I'm going bring you to your breaking point, then I'm going to bring you to the edge of your sanity and then I'll bring you back; then maybe grant your request. You have been a thorn in my side ever since you were discovered as a son of my brother Poseidon. So...Shall we begin?"

Screams of terror filled the dark room as Zeus electrocuted my insides. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction by screaming but without my fathers power running through my veins there is only so much I could do at this point.

The smell of burnt flesh wafted through the air making the poor former son of the sea choke on his own vomit. He now knew what drowning felt like.

"Take me to the rooftop,
I wanna see the world when I stop breathing
Turning blue..."

His lightening bolt sparkled with energy as he zapped me over and over again, the bolt shook violently as Zeus laughed sadistically as I tried to wrench my hands free from the straps which sliced into my flesh.

"Why don't you summon the ocean young hero! Let the ocean loose and drown me! I heard that you were the one who cheated on Athena's daughter!"

"Tell me, love is endless, don't be so pretentious
Leave me, like you do..."

"I never once hurt her! I loved her!" I scrwamed as I choked out blood. I was then zapped again with energy.

"Liar!"

I didn't know how much longer I could survive in these conditions. As time passed I suddenly felt like a rusty lightening rod while I slowly turned blue from bloodloss. I bet Clarisse would love to see me now....

"If you need me
Wanna see me
Better hurry
'Cause I'm leaving soon"

Why didn't Annabeth and Clarisse get along when I first showed up at camp? They were the first girls I had met that day.

I was driven out of my thoughts when a rag was draped over my face and water seeped through the cloth.

I gave up on screaming.

"Sorry, can't save me now
Sorry, I don't know how..."

My fear of drowning resurfaced as I jerked violently trying to shake the cloth of. The room vibrated along with me, I then felt a different yet familiar tug in my gut as the room shook more violently.

With a yell the room collapsed and the earth trembled beneath me. I heard Zeus screaming profanities in the distance then he went silent. I hoped I killed him or something. I felt my body heal but I still couldn't move.

"Sorry, there's no way out
But down, mm down"

Why can't I Die already.

:▪︎But you are young hero, these ungrateful Olympians have broken your soul.

Are you here to hurt me too?

:▪︎I could never hurt a precious soul as yours, these people don't deserve you.

If you are the voice in my head why do you sound like a girl?

:▪︎you are quite the funny one young hero, even in death I can sense a great deal of sass from you.

What do you want, voice in my head;】 can't a man die peacefully?

:▪︎but if I let you die here, you will go to the underworld and you will forever be apart of the Olympians life.

Ok so what are you proposing?

:▪︎Choose rebirth and leave this world behind, then live a life you can remember...the Olympians would never control your life again. Who knows...maybe you could be reincarnated into another world.

Reincarnated into another world? That sounds tempting but what about my friends and parents I'd be leaning behind.

:▪︎even in death you still care....maybe the friends you lost along the way chose Reincarnation...who knows. Your parents are under the protection of the god of the sea and me, no harm shall come their way. I shall give you 4 options and I will respect your decision.

1. Be healed and continue your life on earth.

2. Die here and live in the underworld with your friends.

3. Die here and choose Rebirth.

4.--

"He's still breathing! Jason over here! Get him to the ship!"

"Taste me, salty tears on my cheek
That's what a year's-long headache does to you
I'm not okay, I feel so scattered..."

"We're here Percy! It Chris, we've come to take you home."

"Jason another I'M is coming in! What should I do!" Frank, he sounds so broken.

"Tell lady Iris to decline all calls coming our way! We need to get him to camp quickly!

"Don't say I'm all that matters
Leave me
Deja vu....."

"Shut up you idiot! We won't leave you, we are taking you to camp to be healed, if you leave I'll never forgive you!" I'm sorry I hurt you Nico, if I had more time I'd apologize for not saving Bianca in time.

"Stay with us Percy, were almost there. Just hold on a little more."

Cold and frail hands held me close and I was glad but sad at the same time. I looked at the sobbing Italian wishing I could hug him one last time.

"If you need me
Wanna see me
You better hurry
I'm leaving soon...."

"Jackson don't leave me, you were the first boy I truly loved. You can't do this to me!

"Sorry, can't save me now
Sorry, I don't know how..."

A tear slipped down my eyes as I tried to touch the Italian but my hands wouldn't respond. He must have noticed because he tried to meet me halfway. Jason came and lifted me out of his reach, he cried out in dismay and shadow traveled away.

"Sorry, there's no way out
But down, mm down..."

I'm sorry Nico, and everyone else who cared for me. I can't live this life anymore....

I choose option 4, I kinda love the thrill of the unknown.

I chuckled internally as I waited for my doom to fall upon me.

:▪︎As you wish....my prince

Yay!!!I can't wait!

Next chapter will be soon but it won't be Percy's pov this time
Rewritten: March 11, 2022