All good things come to an end

Percy

Ever since that big incident at camp, I've been on the run from a raging goddesses who thinks 'she all that'.

I mean, I haven't seen her.... but her stupid sacred animals attack me in the late hours of the evening when I decided to run away from camp. Those beady-eyed freaks better watch out! They are one poke away from being fully blind.

I didn't take any belongings of mine from camp, I figured that I wouldn't want anything from there anyway.

As I made my way over to my mom and Paul's apartment, I contemplated on what I should say before I knocked on their door.

"Who is it?" A woman's voice said. Fearing that news about what happened at camp-half blood had already reached her I said "delivery".

"Paul! didn't I tell you that you shouldn't order anything today?!"

"But Sal, I didn't!" a man hollered out.

The door slightly opened and a beautiful woman peeked out.
"Percy?...Percy! My baby. You're home!

________________________________
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•Break°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
________________________________

After I had settled in, I explained everything to them. Leaving no stone's unturned. My mom was quite disappointed in Annabeth but angry at me for my behavior towards the tho- her.

"Mom!" I protested, "My heart broke and I just snapped, now her crazy bird loving mother is after me! She wants me dead!" just as I finished my complaint an owl smacked into the window.

Proving my point. Just my luck...

"Those birds have a death wish! See mom! They are out to peck me!"

Paul and mom laughed at my misfortune and for once in my life I was happy to be alive. I wish I was around more often but I'd hate myself if being around them would putting them in harm's way.

Before I knew it, we were all in the kitchen baking cookies and playing around while I  sneakily added more blue dye to the cookie dough.

It felt nice......

I felt normal....

But all good things and everything normal always comes to an end.

"Mom, Paul?"

"Yea perce?" They said in unison

"I want you both out of New York, find another country do anything you want just cut ties with the Greeks and all this drama...please". all my emotions that I had been holding since camp came flooding out. My heart cried as I fell slowly slid to the floor.

I've never cried like this before so why does this feel different.

Warm hands came to my aid as I was comforted by my parents, I wish I could stay like this forever....

Pjo characters do not belong to me.
Published: May 5, 2021
Republished: March 11, 2022