So I'm the bad guy?....duh!

Percy

"Can this day get any frickin' worse", I mumbled as a stray bolt of lightning sent me flying out of the Zeus cabin. It's not like I wanted to be there! Some genius thought it would be funny if they placed my some of my clothes at the entrance of Zeus' musty old cabin.

Ever since the war ended, most of the campers avoided being around me. I guess there was another rumor going around about me or something but I didn't care what they had to say about me because I had her by my side.

Annabeth, my one true love... ♡Annabeth.♡ I'd swim through the ocean- no...I'd swim through a river of lava for her because...

I think I'm in love with-

"Get up!" Someone barked. I was startled out of my thoughts when I came face to face with a pissed off Ares camper.

"W-what happened..." I stuttered, I was surprised that her of all the campers was actually talking to me. Clarisse La Rue

"You got struck by lightning and I thought you died-"

"Aweee.....you do care-" I stopped mid sentence as a fist came flying my way, luckily my reflexes kicked in and I dodged death once more.

"I don't...h-ate you ok, but if you died...camp would be lame.." she trailed of.

"Hey, I love to stay and chat but I'm gonna look for Annabeth, I wanted to ask her something," I told Clarisse as I turned my back to walked away.

"Brea...up....her....f...tramp.."

"Huh? Did you said something Clarisse?" I turned to ask but she was already gone.

Weird.... I thought, before I could go find Annabeth the horns were blown for lunch.

Maybe I could find her after lunch.

________________________________
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•Break°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
________________________________

Sitting alone at the Poseidon's table, I watched as all the campers talked loudly and laughed with their siblings. I know I shouldn't be jealous but I can't help it. I wish Tyson was here...maybe I wouldn't be feeling this way if he were here with me.

As I scanned the happy faces of the campers, my eye invouluntarily twitched as I noticed something quite odd.

"Isn't that boy the new camper? Sitting at the Athena's table?"

"Good! you finally noticed! Let's give Prissy a round of applause!" I was yet again startled as Clarisse plus the Stolls sat at my table.

Today keeps getting weirder by the minute but I didn't mind this moment one bit, I'm just happy that these three aren't avoiding me.

"I thought all new campers belong in the Hermes cabin?" I questioned the Twins. "Why is he sitting with them?"

"The thing is he looks and acts like an Athenian camper, blonde hair, smart..." Travis said. "but the strangest thing is his eyes-"

"They were blue now they are grey." Connor finished, " he kinda looks like a blonde version of Drew..."

"But that isn't the weirdest part, I was watching Miranda from the Demeter's cabin practice with him, he said something and she tripped and fell, Katie was pissed that Miranda lost thenIkindasawhimandannabethkiss!" Connor blurted out.

"What? I didn't really catch the last part about- WAIT WHAT!" I shouted. The pavillion became silent at my outburst. "ANNABETH WOULD NEVER DO THAT! STOP LYING!!!"

"WHY WOULD HE LIE PRISSY!? WHY DO YOU THINK EVERYONE AVOIDS BEING AROUND YOU!? DID YOU THINK IT'S BECAUSE WE HATED YOU? THINK AGAIN LOSER! IT'S BECAUSE WE HATE BREAKING THE NEWS TO YOU THAT ANNABETH SLEPT WITH THE NEW CAMPER. FIRST THE RUMOR SAID YOU SLEPT WITH THE NEW CAMPER BUT FROM WHAT I CAN SEE...YOU AREN'T BI AND YOUR FATAL FLAW IS LOYALY!"

no....

"Annabeth...?" My voice broke as I walked over to the Athenian's table hoping it was all a big prank.

It cant be!

"I'm sorry perse, I promise didn't want you to find out like this.." Her eyes narrowed as she looked at the persons who were behind me.

"Maybe we can work through this-" I asked desperately.

"No we can't! I don't want to! I waited for you but you didn't come, I-i couldn't wait anymore!"

"Wait for what? I dont remember promising you anything! Did I? " from the corner of my eyes, I saw Will and Nico sniffling a laugh while Annabeth's cheeks went red. Did I really forget something...?

Why is this happening to me.....haven't the fates screwed me over enough?

"Hey new kid, Yeah you! What's so special about Annabeth that you had to steal her from me?"

"S-she is s-smart and sweet...."

And a goddammed cheat!

"Thats why I love her." He finished

Without much thinking I started laughing like a maniac.
"Its...its...charm..charmspeak" I said between laughter. "He has the s....same powers as p...Piper."

Realization dawned on Annabitc-beths face as I laughed even harder."It can't be! I refuse to believe that!" She shouted.

"Who cares what you believe.... you thot" I laughed even harder.

My heart shattered but laughter is my only medicine through this pain. His charmspeak wasn't that strong, I guess her love for me was so weak that it worked on her.

"I hate you Percy! I'm breaking up with you and I hope you get runover by a fury or a MINOTAR!" She then stormed off.

"Wait!" I shouted at her as she made her way out of the pavillion. She turned around with an embarrassed look plastered on her face, her fatal flaw of arrogance and pride was however still there.

"There was a time I said that I would swim through a river of lava for you..." the pavilion was filled with awes and oh my's.

"I even thought you were my one true love...." I trailed off as a single tear slid down my face.

"But...I guess I was wrong....since you cursed me to die at the hands of monsters...." I told her.

"I shall leave you with a parting gift...."

A huge wave came then swept her away to the lake.

"I'M A PRINCE OF ATLANTIS ANNABETH! THERE ARE PLENTY OF FISH IN THE SEA"

"Litterally! Bye bissssshhhh!!!!!!!!!"

I'm outa here! I can't stay here anymore....sorry Chiron.

I don't own any pjo characters all PJO characters belong to Mr. Rick Riordan.

Published: May 5, 2021
Rewritten: March 11, 2022