The Sun Will Rise

Start from the beginning

I sat up and said, "I don't stalk your dreams. Plus, I was busy with Manaphel."

"Then I shouldn't tell you. I'm sure it was just a silly dream anyway."

I got out of bed. Staying there with him seemed too uncomfortable, but I needed to stick around to watch him. It seemed best to make conversation still. "Who was it? You can tell me. I'd like to know these things. Don't be stubborn with me now. And I don't care who you say."

He rolled once again. He looked straight at me, and didn't say anything.

"Well who?"

He drew in a deep breath, and I expected him to say something, but not a single word left his mouth. All he did was just keep staring at me.

Then I understood what words he was saying with everything but his mouth. I did care. I cared a lot. This was my human, and he wanted me.

"You can't fall in love in a day, Anthony," I simply said. I then turned to look into the mirror. "You don't really want me anyway. I'm an angel. You're a human. I'm not a lover. You can't possibly think I'm best. I wouldn't settle for myself. No. No, I won't do it. I don't know love anyways."

He didn't respond. I felt bad, because his eyes were starting to get watery. Perhaps I was too rough with that response. It started to feel like I was the one making him cry most often. I was a bad angel, so I started to give in.

"You seem to know love pretty well. I could try it. I just don't think I'm much of a lover. Perhaps you could teach me."

He mumbled, "It's not something you're taught. It's something you feel. If you don't feel it, then I'm waisting my time. I thought you did. You were just leading me on. Daft me," as he buried his face into his pillow.

Stubborn Anthony, I could never be enough for him. Not like that. He wanted the most exciting life, and when he was crying like that, it seemed so tempting to spoil him. He was already spoiled though, but all he wanted was to be loved, and I was just an angel.

"Anthony-"

"Enough! Just leave me be! You're waisting your time. I'm already Hell bound. If you can't love me, maybe I sold my soul for the wrong reasons because I can't be loved. You're a liar too."

I didn't know what to say. Anthony's concept of love was entirely new to me, besides from a certain verse in a very long book that said it was forbidden. I never bothered to read the book. Perhaps it was time to start it though. If you were born into holiness, you didn't know anything but until you're exposed to sin. The world was so unholy, but as I got to know it, I began to like it. I couldn't help but hope love was the same way.

"Anthony, I said I was never going to leave you again."

He looked up at me and shook his head. "And I said you're a liar. I don't want to see you right now. I'm not looking at you."

"Stubborn boy," I mumbled as I left the room. I didn't care that Manaphel was eavesdropping on the ceiling again. For all I cared, she could have brought Anthony to Hell that night, and it would have all been over with. If he didn't want me suddenly, what was restraining me from not wanting him suddenly? I was a bad angel who would let something like that happen. I didn't have enough self restrain. It made me just another sinful thing upon the earth that should be banished to Hell. I perhaps would have been happy with either Anthony or myself being dragged down there at that given moment -both of us deserved it for one reason or another. Sometimes I wish it was like that. Life isn't that easy though. You can't just give up because you get in a fight with a human who doesn't understand the universe. I can't say I understood it much either.