Chapter 20 - Stay

Start from the beginning

Vihaan smirked and then chortled in satisfaction that he was able to catch her off guard. By that time, Aarohi made sense of the words he spoke.

"You don't have- "

Vihaan raised a hand to stop her. "I've already been working on Sundays which I usually don't do. So taking a day off doesn't make much of a difference." He stated, putting an end to a probable debate that was about to start between them.

Aarohi nodded in understanding.

"But you know that I can take care of myself. There's nothing serious." She tried to argue.

"Who said that I'm taking a day off for you?" Vihaan said with a serious look. "You give yourself too much importance." He snickered.

Aarohi looked around trying to find something to throw at him but she couldn't. Vihaan looked at her, amused.

"Ouch!" Vihaan taunted. "Didn't find anything to throw at me? Sad." He pulled his lips in a frown and made a sad mocking face.

"I can throw a death glare at you." Aarohi seethed, glaring at him and trying to look as intimidating as possible which made her look funny.

Vihaan laughed.

"I'm going back to my room." Aarohi got up and stomped to her room.

"Get freshen up soon so that you could take medicines after having breakfast." Vihaan shouted from behind.

It had been quite some time. Vihaan was waiting for Aarohi at the dining table. When she didn't come, he himself went to check.

"Aarohi." He knocked at the door.

"Door is open. Come in." Aarohi replied in a weak and strained voice.

Aarohi was snuggled up in her bed in a fetus position with the comforter covering her whole body till the neck.

Vihaan came closer and looked at her worriedly. "Fever?" He questioned.

She shook her head in denial. "Just feeling cold and body ache."

Vihaan pinched the bridge of his nose before removing the thermometer from the drawer. "Open your mouth." He got seated at the edge of the bed. Putting the thermometer inside, he checked the temperature.

"101.1." He said in a small voice. "And you say you're just feeling cold." He chided.

"It's normal. It will go away soon." Aarohi said meekly.

Vihaan sighed. "Have the toast and then drink the orange juice. You can't take medicines with an empty stomach."

"I'm not hungry."

"Aarohi." He warned and brought the slice closer to her lips. Reluctantly, she opened her mouth and took a bite. Vihaan made Aarohi finish eating and gave her the necessary tablets to be taken.

"I need tea." Aarohi requested.

"You just had juice. You aren't going to have tea today."

"You're being mean." Aarohi scowled, which Vihaan ignored royally.

"The body ache must be due to the fever. Take rest and it will be fine."

"I'm fine. I don't need rest. And I frankly feel better now."

"No. You need to take rest." Vihaan said sternly, picking her legs up and laying them straight on the bed and pulling the comforter back on her body.

He stepped to move away but Aarohi held his hand. "Stay." She whispered.

Aarohi shifted from her position, laying down so that her side profile was against the headboard and waved a hand at the space beside her for Vihaan.