"Are you hungry, my Prince? Your Majesty gave me a box of pastries to give to you. They're all your favourites."

Wang Bao held the old man's hands in his own, they were warm and soft, giving him comfort. A small sigh escaped his chapped lips before he nodded his head.

"Prepare coffee as well, I'm tired after not sleeping for a whole night."

Mr Liu bowed again before leaving the study. Wang Bao stood in the middle of the empty room before walking to his desk and switching the lamp on. The warm light gave the study a sense of life and made him feel less lonely. By the time Mr Liu had returned with the box of pastries and pot of coffee, Wang Bao had fallen asleep, his head resting gently on the book his late father had given him. The sight gave Mr Liu a pain in his chest; before Mr Liu woke Wang Bao, he begged under his breath.

"Your Majesty, please return soon. Your brother needs you."

. . . . . .

In Giant country the streets were bustling with life as the sunset slowly. The citizens all adorned the colour red in one way or another as they cherrily went about their evening. The gathering of the royal family in their dining hall was more like an ice chamber if compared to the bustling streets not too far from their palace. In the large dining Hall, the servants had all been dismissed for the family dinner. Prince Nakai sat in between his parents as he served his own meat to his plate, his head was freshly shaved thanks to the current war and it made his strong tanned features stand out even more. King Ta poured himself a large cup of wine before passing the bottle to his wife, his tone was a mix of stern but excited as he turned to his only child.

"Son, it's good that you'll be leading this war. With the giant's succession over Man country, we'll hold the most power. Meaning we could then marry other species into our family. Within at least three generations the Ta family would have ties with all humanoids on this planet. Of course you would need to have plenty of children for this to happen."

Queen Ta sipped her wine before jumping into the one sided conversation. Her cheeks were a little rosy with excitement.

"Who do you think should be wed to our son? The Sea people? They have always been close to us but then again, there are also the Winged people who said they would send soldiers if we ever needed it. Whoever she is though, she would have to be outstanding....But I guess if the person is good enough, then it wouldn't be bad to find a man too. Only their body would have to be in perfect condition too."

Nakai focused on cutting the meat on his large plate, his tanned hands turned pale with the amount of force he was holding his cutlery with. His mind was racing with other thoughts that he didn't hear his Mother's voice calling out to him; seeing his son's rudeness, King Ta banged the table with his giant palm. The wine inside the cups jumped, threatening to spill.

"Are you not listening!? This is a serious matter! Winning the war will be simple enough but if you choose the wrong wife, it could be bad for the already existing relationships between our family and the other royals."

Nakai's eyes burned with anger and impatience. He would've liked to bark out his own thoughts like his parents were doing but he held his tongue, spitting out a single cold sentence instead.

"I'll think about it while I'm gone."

The table returned to its previous silence.

. . . . . .

The scene of the royal soldiers leaving the city in Giant country was the complete opposite to the send off in Man country. The long main street of the capital was filled with red lanterns, lighting the way for the giant animals carrying the soldiers. As the loud stomps of the colossal beasts drew closer the civilians began to cheer loudly. All of the civilians held small drums that were constantly spun around, the two red balls attached to the sides of the percussion instruments created a beat not too dissimilar to the beast's footsteps. Unlike the horses that carried Man countrymen, the giant's rode large felines. Their height was grand since they stood at a similar height to a giant, only the felines were almost a foot taller. Putting this together with frightening fangs and four large white eyes that took in a full 360 of their surroundings, it made for the perfect war companion. The only thing that softened their fierce appearance was their long fluffy hair.