𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐌𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲

Start bij het begin

Daryl and Shane start coming at each other, while the rest of us try splitting them up, when I say rest I mean the others, Zak and I were laughing at how girly it was. "It's like that film, innit?" I laugh. "What? Like a James Bond film?" he chuckles. "No... Elf!" I burst and we die.

"Let me talk to Hershel." Rick calms. "Let me figure it out." "What are you gonna figure out?!" Shane screams spitting. "If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land." Rick says. "Hershel sees those things in there as people, sick people, his wife, his stepson." Dale speaks

"You knew?" Rick questions. "Yesterday, I talked to Hershel." Dale answers. "And you waited the night?" Shane probes. "I thought we could survive one more night. We did. I was waiting till this morning to say something. But Glenn wanted to be the one." Dale says. "The man is crazy, Rick, if Hershel thinks those things are alive or no!" Shane yells.

The wooden doors begin rattling, the walkers inside were eager to get out and feast on us. I wonder if the girls knew about this- who am I kidding, of course they did.

***

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 atmosphere felt so damn awkward, I felt like I couldn't even look at the girls, not in disgust, but from guilt, what if one of them had someone they cared about in there? The four of them were sitting where they were yesterday, laughing and joking.

I was sat with Carl, Lori and Ma doing equations or some shit, why do we even need to learn? I was too busy fixated on the girls, that I hadn't realised a conversation had started."-Mum, I'm not leaving until we find we find Sophia." Carl's voice snaps me back to reality. "And I don't want to go even after that."

"He's right." I speak, turning all attention to me. "Look at this place, crops, wells, beautiful scenery, milk and Ma you always told me milk gives you protein and calcium when I wrestled." She laughs and nods. "That's right, I did." "She's gonna like it here." Carl agrees. 

"This place. It could be a home." "Home sweet home." I grin, carrying on with my questions. "Ma? What is this question? How can I even do that in my thick head? This isn't University Challenge, ya' know?" Whatever I had said made Carl laugh so hard he dropped his pencil. "Diva, just do the Bus Stop method." she giggles.

"I would if I could remember how to do it." I smirk. Lori and Ma begin explaining it to me and I pretended to look interested, spoiler alert, I did know how to do it, I just wanted to see how well they could explain it all. 

After a while, they let Carl and I do whatever we wanted, I could feel Carl smirking next to me as we walked away. "You knew how to do it, didn't you?" "Yup." I answer. He laughs and picks up his sheriff hat and plonks hit on his head. We both sit down by some logs and begin reading something, when Shane passes.

"Hey, Shane! Can I talk to you for a sec?" Carl stands and approaches Shane, I avoid eye contact with him. "You okay?" he asks. "Yeah. I know you think Sophia's dead." Carl confronts. "And that we should stop looking for her. But that's bullshit." I had to suppress a laugh, Carl fucking swore, that's iconic.

"Hey, man, watch your mouth." Shane warns. "We're gonna stay here until we find her." Carl insists. "You think that's what we should do?" Shane questions. "It's what I know we should do." Carl nods. "Then we stay." Shane says. "That means we got to do whatever we got to do to make that happen." "Like help out with chores?" Carl asks. Shane hums. "Like help out with the chores." He leans down and places his hand on Carl's shoulder.