Chapter 19 - Care

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." He gave her an apologetic smile.

"You don't have to be. It's not your fault so don't feel guilty." She gave him a small assuring smile.

"Let's go." He said and offered his hand.

"I'm not a toddler who can't balance herself." She pouted but when he didn't retract his hand, she huffed and slipped her hand into his.

They walked out of the hospital to the parking lot.

"You sit inside. I'll go and bring the medicines from the medical store." He instructed. Not having the energy to say anything back, Aarohi sat inside and rested her head on the headrest silently.

Vihaan scrunched his face when he realized that he actually hugged Aarohi in the hospital, unable to control the overpowering emotions.

"I'm sorry for that." He said while driving.

"Now what are you sorry for?" She enquired tiredly. "I told you not to be sorry. You aren't at- "

"I'm sorry for that hug." He said in one go.

"Oh." The two letter word escaped her lips as soon as he said it. "It's alright." She said sincerely looking in front of her but her mind was relishing those moments where his large arms engulfed her tiny body, shielding it and making her feel all warm and giddy.

Aarohi frowned when Vihaan too got out of the car and entered the elevator alongside her. "Don't you've to go back to work?"

"If you've forgotten let me remind you that I'm the boss and I can do as I wish to and today, I don't intend to go back to work." He said in a montone.

Aarohi bit her lip to suppress the grin that threatened to stretch on her lips. The man who went to work even on Sundays so that he could avoid her presence was legit taking the rest of the day off for her. Miracles do happen, she presumed. It was very sweet of him and she wondered how quick the day changes. Just yesterday she felt so desolated due to him and today, the same man was making her heartbeats fast by small yet considerate gestures.

"You go and take rest. By the time, I'll prepare the lunch." Vihaan says to Aarohi when they reach their apartment.

"No. It's fine. I'm not hungry." Aarohi declined the offer, not wanting to burden him unnecessarily.

"It's not fine. I'm not going to let you be careless about your health anymore. So go to your room and take rest or else I'll pick you up and throw you on your bed." He said in a dead serious tone.

Aarohi blinked in surprise. "Jeez! Calm down. I'm going Grandpa." She raised her hands in surrender.

Aarohi turned around while walking towards her room and a gentle smile made its way on her face as she saw the retreating figure of Vihaan.

After preparing the lunch, Vihaan came to Aarohi's room as the door was open. The condition of the room wasn't too good. Aarohi smiled at him sheepishly.

"Wait. Lemme just clean it up." She suggested.

"No. Let it be. I'm okay." He said through clenched teeth and forwarded the plate. "I've made khichdi. Have it."

"Won't you eat?" Aarohi took the plate from him and smiled in satisfaction at the aroma. This feels like home.

"I'll have in the dining room." He shrugged off.

"No way! You're giving me company so bring your plate here right now." She commanded. Maybe this was her way of showing that even she can be nice and bend a little.

"Weren't you the one who said to not enter her room? Are you inviting me in now?" Vihaan tilted his head.

"That clause ceased to exist the moment you entered my room with this plate of khichdi." She said showing him the plate.