Doctor Pt.1| Lee Do Hyun

The door slammed opened as I flinched. I shot my head up and saw a nurse panting her breathe out. "Doctor Kim... emer-emergency!" She managed to huff out as I shot up from my chair and ran out of my office with the nurse running ahead of me. I followed her to operation theatre until someone turned me around. I was quite amazed by the person in front of me.

He had these black silky hair which hide half his eyes. His eyes which had fear in it, I wonder why. His lips begging for air as if he ran all the Gangnam. His white shirt had blood stains...? blood stains? "Please save her... doctor you're my only hope" He pleaded making me come out of my thoughts. Her? Who is she to you but? I nodded, "We will try our best and her for you sir. Please calm yourself down... Time is all we need" I answered him, getting a nod.

"Doctor Kim! Hurry up!" I heard the nurse yell. He let go off my arm as I turned around, running into the operation theatre. I wore my apron, mask, gloves and hair cap and we started the operation. This girl, lying on the bed, looks so beautiful which is making me nervous that she can be that guy's girlfriend... I don't know why but he just made me forget to breathe for a second. We started the operation.

Looks like it was a suicide... Her head is damaged, her backbone is a bit crooked and her leg is fractured. Suicide it is...

4 hours later 

"Okay. Shift this patient to ward no. 390 till then I'll inform the patient's guardian." I ordered and walked out of the theatre. The guy stood up from the seat and jogged to me. "How is she doctor?" He asked concerned. "She's out of danger." I answered him as he sighed in relief. "We have shifted her to normal ward for now and will keep her under observation for 48 hours and see if any positive result comes out. You can see her but first you have to fill the form... Ward no. 390." I informed him as he nodded.

"Thank you. Thank you so much doctor" He held my hand as my heart fluttered for a second. What was that? He ran to the receptionist and started filling the form. I don't get this feeling but I have to know about their relation. I just hope they aren't girlfriend boyfriend though...

I was sitting on my chair looking at the cases I have when there was a knock on my door. "Come in" I said as the door opened. "You're not busy right?" I heard someone. I looked up and saw the guy from before. "Oh no no. Please sit. What brings you here?" I asked him. "Actually the nurse said that I should give you the form I filled since Soo Hyun is your patient now" He told.

"Soo Hyun?" I frowned. "Oh Soo Hyun, my sister, who you had operation a while ago" He said as I felt some how... happy. "Oh okay... So she is your sister" I nodded. "Yeah. You save my sister from dying. I just can't thank you enough." He said smiling. That smile looks so beautiful on him. "Well then you owe me a good lunch then... Mr.?" I narrowed my eyes. "Lee Do Hyun... I will gladly take you to lunch doctor. Tell me your free slot and I'll fill it up" He smiled.

"Oh no no! I was just kidding. It is my duty to do so. That's nothing new" I shook my head. "I insist. Please." He showed me his puppy eyes which, for some reason, I couldn't reject. "Okay fine. Tomorrow around 2 is okay with you?" I asked him. "Yes. I'll be here tomorrow anyways. Then see you tomorrow" He stood up as well as me. He bowed before exiting my office. I sat down and placed my hand on my chest. "Is something wrong with me? Why is my heart beating so fast?!" I questioned myself. I feel excited for tomorrow.

Next day 

I was in Soo Hyun's room, checking her if she is doing okay or not. That's when the door opened making me turn around. A smiled automatically appeared on my face as I saw the person. "Dr. Kim! Check up?" He asked as I nodded. He kept the bag on the stool and walked up to me. "You're sister is really strong. She is recovering very rapidly which means in 3-4 days she may wake up." I told him as his eyes lit up.

"She isn't really strong... She is so broken from inside that she hides all her emotions, acting as if she is a stone" He let out making me look at Soo Hyun. Of course... "Don't be like that Do Hyun. She is really strong. She may be depressed to suicide. She wants to live, be happy but something inside her made her take this wrong decision." I spoke. He looked at me shocked then I realized what I just said.

"Shit I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have sa-" He cut me off. "You are right. Something must have went wrong to make her like this. She is the happy virus in my life." He caressed her hand with his thumb. Would his hands be soft? I wanna hold the- what am I thinking...? Get yourself together bitch! I closed the file and smiled at him. "Let's get our lunch shall we Do Hyun?" I asked him.

He turned to me smiling, which skipped my heartbeat for a second. Damn what are you doing to me mister? He got up and walked to me. We both went to the restaurant in front of the hospital. We ordered our food and were waiting for it. "If you don't mind, can I ask you something?" He spoke up. "Of course. No need to be formal. I am actually a year smaller than you Do Hyun-shi" I smiled sheepishly.

He chuckled before asking, "Why did you chose to become a doctor?" He asked. "Um it's quite stupid but I like helping people. I like seeing the smile on a person's face when their loved one is saved. The happiness they feel after seeing their loved one live is something I didn't experience. I lost my father, my only family when I was 16. The girl next to me saw me crying and asked her father to help me. They actually adopted me and took me to their house." I stopped for a second to see his reaction.

He looked shock yet proud. "They made me feel loved. The man who is now call my dad, got sick. Hana, my sister, wasn't home so I took dad to the hospital. They managed to save dad which made me relief. The feeling was so priceless that I wanted to be reminded of that again and again... So I decided to become a doctor..." I finished by wiping my tears away. I saw tears in his eye too. "Sorry I got carried away." I chuckled. "You are really something doctor." He mumbled when I remembered something.

"Y/n... Kim Y/n" I told. He smiled that's when our order came. It was comfortable between us. No awkwardness which I usually have with strangers. We talked about some random memories while having dessert and then went back to hospital.

Requested by - -itzcoldluv