16

Bedroom

We passed Robinsons Town Mall before heading to Melissa's house. She bought a set of ballpen because she allegedly lost her ballpen many times.

"Don't waste your money buying a pen. Take care of it so that it won't be missing", I told her.

"I have money to buy a lot. Do you want a treat from me?" She offers while watching the handsome men line up at the cashier.

"Hey, hurry up you know I'll be home late."

Her eyes turned to me. "Do you know it only happens once in my life to see a handsome guy so I'll take advantage of that", she said, changing the topic. My forehead wrinkled in confusion.

I smiled at what she said. We wasted fifteen minutes before leaving the shop. It was as if her smile was glued to her face because her smile hadn't faded from before. She always smiled like that when she saw a handsome man.

When he opens the gate. Obviously, they are a middle-class family. From the beautiful cut of weeds to the terrace they were clean. It's like we walked on the carpet, it was just green.

There was a dog barking at her which, was a white poodle on a leash. He was cute but I don't like dogs.

"Hi,Cookie!" she greeted the dog with a bright smile.

He carried the dog as if its fur was as thick as straw. She kissed the dog so that's why its tail wagged even more because of what Melissa had done.

"You're sweet! Next time you'll have Dad!"

I took off my shoes. It's as embarrassing if I'm stepping to their floor that is so very clean and I can clearly see my reflection on it. I wonder what kind of liquid they use to clean their tiles.

I looked from the side of the wall and there's a mirror design with an angel border. The mirror looks better than my glass in my bedroom. I appreciate it's classic and barbaric style.

"Wear slippers. Choose what you want over there", Melissa said.

She showed me their wooden shoe rack. I looked at it for a few seconds before choosing what slippers I could wear. It's beautiful woodwork like a molave ​​and its design is customized. There is an engraved plaque, saying "Welcome to Our Humble Home."

From where I'm standing, I just now noticed the beautiful landscape of plants. One of them had a cupid shape and was near their small fountain. She opened the sliding door, which I almost bumped into because she didn't open it much.

She lowered the dog then ran it up the stairs.

Their living room is full of Renaissance paintings. Large flat screen TV attached to the wall. Their black seat is big. The chandelier on the ceiling looks like it's from Roman times. Oh! I love how they decorate their house. I'm wondering if they have their own home designer.

"Sit down first, Kaoree. I'll make you a snack", she said.

I was speechless because I was looking at one of the paintings there.

"Mona Lisa" I said while staring at that.

"Yeah, that's nice, isn't it?", the voice calmed like a hymn of the sky.

The beautiful woman in front of me has porcelain skin compared to mine. She's wearing a business attire while holding her expensive small bag with a small pearl on it. I stared at her face she's like a photocopy of Melissa. Her eyelashes are smooth, her nose is pointed and her lips is like a bow.

"Yes", I answered without thinking. I'm still fascinated by her beauty.

"She's just a replica. My husband bought it. He loves paintings", a smile drew from her face. When she saw Melissa, she immediately took the tray she was carrying. "Is she Kaoree? The one you're telling me about?"

"Yes, Ma. She is. She loves to eat so I've prepared a snack for her", she said laughing. How lucky I am that a little detail of me is remembered by my friend like her.

"I'm Melissa's mother. Nice to meet you, Kaoree. Just call me Aunt Mel", she said then walked up the stairs.

"Mama, don't want to call her as Melchora", Melissa giggled and her face became red; Melchora is beautiful. Her name is like the name of a National Hero of the Philippines known for being an elderly revolutionist.

Melissa turned on the TV as we watched it and we chatted about what was good to watch today. She really likes Harry Potter so I was happy to talk about it. Throughout our conversation I was unaware of the time. I noticed that it was going to be eight o'clock at night because of Melissa's wristwatch.

"You can have dinner with us!", Said Aunt Mel. She was wearing a flower apron and holding a spoon.

"No, thanks Tita. I will go home now. My bosses will be angry at me", even though I'm hungry so I decided to refuse. I'm imagining that Wyn is cooking for his friends. I giggle because of my own imagination.

"Take her outside while she waits for a ride", she told to Melissa who wass busy preparing the table for their dinner.

"Sure, Ma. I won't let her go outside alone and wait for the vehicle", Melissa said. I took the wallet out of my bag next to my phone. The cell phone flashed so I picked it up as well. There was a text message. Some were from Jez. Others were from an unknown number. When Melissa called a tricycle, I immediately got on it. I couldn't thank her because I was in a hurry.

"Manong (A tagalog word for calling a man older than you), keep the change!" I said and hurriedly ran into the gate.

"Keep the change! It's just one peso!", I heard him shout.

When I entered the house, everything was quiet. Jez gently greeted me as I took off my shoes.

"Be careful", he warned. His voice was terrifying. I felt little goose bumps on me. The two that were watching TV looked at me. Latrelle motioned to me a warning signal. What did I do? I just came home late, I tried to come right away?

"Why? Is it forbidden to come home late? I'm sorry. I didn't cook your dinner", I whispered to Jez after what I did.

"That's not it, girl. You'll just find out later", he said.

I went upstairs. When I saw T.H, our eyes met. His small black eyes were on fire. I'm really puzzled on what's happening here. He pulled me without saying the reason why.

"What?"

He pulled me into his room. Omo! What will he do to me?!I'm not ready. I'm not ready for this yet! I am too young. I mean I'm not open to this thing yet.

My cold sweat dried when we were inside. He can tell me in a simple way but why this way?!

It'll be alright, Kaoree. I exhaled.

"Why are you closing your eyes?" he asked in a baritone voice.

I stand firmly and take a deep breath. I didn't notice that I had closed my eyes.

"All right. That's right you shut up", he said. He's wild!

I closed my eyes and for a few seconds I could smell the clothes smelling new laundry.

"Wash my clothes again", I opened my eyes when I heard his angry voice. I picked up the shirt on the floor with a blue and white design on it.

"Don't you know how to do laundry? Do your job right," he said authoritatively. But wait? I know I separated the colored shirt from the white ones. Crap! How did her white shirt have a stain of blue tints? I went out disappointed then closed his room.

"If only you weren't really handsome!", I'm pissed off.