Chapter 11 | Burned

P.S: THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED, BUT ENJOY! :)

********

Since nearly every single location in the pack was unwise to move to, I had no choice but to make my way back to Agnar's home.

Hey, to be fair, I wasn't going to go back inside. Hell no. There was no way I was going to sprain my ankle for no reason. I put way too much effort in to escape that place.

Taking the long path to the house, while managing to stay out of sight, gave me quite the impressive time to think. 

A sharp breeze slashed by me. 

I huffed uncomfortably. 

Something wasn't right. The air felt different, but I didn't know what it was. 

It felt like a memory that was blurry and I was so close to remembering, but I just couldn't.

Why was this "Elemental" even here? What did he or she want from me?

What if the Elemental was actually good and the pack were the bad guys?

I let out a sigh and brushed my sweaty palms against my pants, continuing to hurry to the house. 

"This is pathetic," I grumbled to myself. "Hiding from my own pack, practically being hunted by my own pack, and being hunted by a rogue wolf who is lurking outside the boarders for me."

I fought back a tear as I looked up at the sky. "WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A NORMAL LIFE?!"

"How sweet," a voice interrupted from behind me. 

I jumped in alarm and whirled around to become face-to-face with Xerxes Verlice. 

"I thought I smelled you in my house," he sneered. "But little did I know, you were going to spy on your own alpha."

"He's not my fucking alpha," I growled. "How many times must I tell you idiots that?"

Xerxes snatched my arm, keeping me in a tight grip. "What are you doing out of Agnar's house? You know no one is allowed this close to the boarders during this time."

"I'm never allowed this close to the boarders," I spat. "But what's stopped me?"

"Don't even start with the bloody attitude," he told me in a stern voice, his ice cold eyes staring me down. "I've already got to deal with it from my own daughter."

My stomach sank. Xerxes knew I was in his house. That meant he knew Emery and Nova were helping me hide. He wouldn't punish his own daughter, would he?

"I think that's a you problem," I said, pressing my luck, hoping to hear what he would say about Emery. 

His eyes flashed with anger. "I will deal with Emery later..."

My blood drained from my face. "Wait, don't-"

I couldn't finish; Xerxes was already dragging me back to the center of the pack territory, the prison that kept me away from my bounty hunter.

***************

Xerxes brought me all the way back to the Council House, which, to be frank, was not far from Agnar's. 

I grit my teeth. Not only was I caught, I possibly put my best friend in harms way. 

I need to be smarter from now on, I thought to myself. There are not many places to run to, so I need to play my cards right. 

Xerxes pulled me up the steps of the House and led me inside. 

Ok...this is strange, my mind echoed, having never been allowed inside.