10

----------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person

The usual magnificent Christmas decorations had been put up around Hogwarts, despite the fact that hardly any of the students remained to enjoy them. Thick streamers of holly and mistletoe were strung along the corridors, mysterious lights shone from inside every suit of armor, and the Great Hall was filled with its usual twelve Christmas trees, glittering with golden stars. A powerful and delicious smell of cooking pervaded the corridors, and by Christmas Eve, it had grown so strong that even Scabbers poked his nose out of the shelter of Ron's pocket to sniff hopefully at the air.

On Christmas morning, Harry was woken by Ron throwing his pillow at him.

"Oy! Presents!"

Harry reached for his glasses and put them on, squinting through the semi-darkness to the foot of his bed, where a small heap of parcels had appeared. Ron was already ripping the paper off his own presents.

"Another sweater from Mum... maroon again... see if you've got one."

Harry had. Mrs. Weasley had sent him a scarlet sweater with the Gryffindor lion knitted on the front, also a dozen home-baked mince pies, some Christmas cake, and a box of nut brittle. As he moved all these things aside, he saw a long, thin package lying underneath.

"What's that?" said Ron, looking over, a freshly unwrapped pair of maroon socks in his hand.

"Dunno..."

Harry ripped the parcel open and gasped as a magnificent, gleaming broomstick rolled out onto his bedspread. Ron dropped his socks and jumped off his bed for a closer look.

"I don't believe it," he said hoarsely

"HOLY FUCKING SH—"

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆

"Good morning, Maera." Hermione smiled, unwrapping a small heap of presents on the end of her bed.

"Morning, Mione." The girl sat up with a yawn, her hair somehow still perfect.

A few wrapped boxes sat at the bottom of her bed. Maera's eyes lit up, it had been so long since she had an actual Christmas. Of course, everything would be better if her dad were there with her and not currently being convicted of mass murder.

She ripped open a box from her Aunt Andromeda who sent a pretty necklace with two circles intertwining and a package of fizzing whizbees. From her Uncle Moony she got a bar of orange chocolate, which was her favorite, and a few more pictures he had found of her parents and their little gang. Next, she picked up a squishy package, opening it to find a navy blue sweater with a large golden M on it and a note that read: